Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat >

Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat

Notices

Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat

Old 06-01-2009, 03:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GLH
Pic from one of the mirrors running.....
Nice!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. Any other that want to give there opinions please feel free. Brad, if you don't mind tell us how much was the conversion to your canopy to open. Was thinking of doing the same and would like to have some idea of a budget.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info.

It's a full perspex canopy, i've got all the O2 gear and jackets. Also the training to get out of the belts and escape with the cockpit submerged...but sill always better never to have to put it into use.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dueclaws
You're correct, but....
To run a canopy boat you should have the oxygen mask plus all the other necessary racing gear (including the correct life jacket) and if you lack training on getting out of the excape hatch (if you go over); you might drown.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Due
Great points. They are definitely more dangerous if the rest of the equipment isn't used WITH the canopy. There seems to be a growing myth that a canopy boat is automatically safer than an open cockpit boat, even without using any of the heavily suggested equipment designed to run canopy boats with.

Not having yourself strapped in with a helmet, will bounce a person around like popcorn in there if there was a hook or accident, possibly breaking their neck or other bones, which could severely affect their chances of getting out, or being able to swim with no lifejacket on once they've escaped. Being knocked out in a roll without the oxygen system in place, could easily drown someone as the water fills the void.

They're bad ass, but don't get too comfortable with the false sense of security and lack of speed sensation they deliver, or they can bite you!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Great points. They are definitely more dangerous if the rest of the equipment isn't used WITH the canopy. There seems to be a growing myth that a canopy boat is automatically safer than an open cockpit boat, even without using any of the heavily suggested equipment designed to run canopy boats with.

Not having yourself strapped in with a helmet, will bounce a person around like popcorn in there if there was a hook or accident, possibly breaking their neck or other bones, which could severely affect their chances of getting out, or being able to swim with no lifejacket on once they've escaped. Being knocked out in a roll without the oxygen system in place, could easily drown someone as the water fills the void.

They're bad ass, but don't get too comfortable with the false sense of security and lack of speed sensation they deliver, or they can bite you!
Well said!! Most of that goes for any boat!! Safe and fun boating everybody!!
Old 06-02-2009, 07:26 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Thanks for the insite guys.You all answered alot of questions I had and some I wasn't aware of.
Old 06-04-2009, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I like my canopy. We definitely have all of the safety equipment though, I would hate to get upside down without it. Air Conditioning is a must. We have heat as well but have yet to use it. My wife is a fan because it is actually quieter and she feel safer. Just my 2 cents
Old 06-04-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Go Big
I like my canopy. We definitely have all of the safety equipment though, I would hate to get upside down without it. Air Conditioning is a must. We have heat as well but have yet to use it. My wife is a fan because it is actually quieter and she feel safer. Just my 2 cents
I've always liked your boat. How many does it seat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rqhwypuoD8

Your boat is at 4:35. How did you let that little Nor-Tech blow by you at 5:35??
Old 06-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See 40 Skater conversion in the owners fourms..
Not a fan of a closed cockpit and some poker runs have made it so you must a safety chopper and divers to run!!
just my 2,,but a owning a piece of history is bad as*
Attached Thumbnails Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat-jd-bryrider-flying.jpg   Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat-tick-faw-200-09-15.jpg   Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat-patriot-poker-run-2008.jpg  

Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat-don-q-4.jpg   Who has tried a ex race canopy cat as poker run pleasure boat-don-q-5.jpg  
Old 06-04-2009, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Catmando
I've always liked your boat. How many does it seat?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rqhwypuoD8

Your boat is at 4:35. How did you let that little Nor-Tech blow by you at 5:35??
It seats 5 very comfortably. Surprisingly it has a lot of room.

The video is no good if you out run the helicopter.

Last edited by Go Big; 07-31-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.