Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jim Darr Still Full Of It! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210042-jim-darr-still-full.html)

gsmith9898 06-03-2009 09:40 AM

there are more than a FEW crooks on this boating web site. Some have money and just rip people off because thats what comes natural to them, others do it because they have no money. I try not to air it out in a thread, but I make sure to let EVERYONE know that knows me or ask.

jason6116 06-03-2009 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by rlj676 (Post 2879076)
Oops, looks like it's legit, and just a huge coincidence.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...ty-smiley-004:

It's a coincidence. We have never owned a boat with surface drives, & never looked for #6 props. No clue who Jim Darr is, & really don't give a ****. I just don't want anyone to think I'm him, cause he sounds like a POS!!

AIR TIME 06-03-2009 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by thumper038 (Post 2878471)
Hey Air Time,
The check was shipped to me at that time but I did not have it yet is what I meant, Yes deals do fall through and I do appreaciate the offer, I never said you thought I was Darr but it is clear some thought I was, All it has to do with what you posted is that I want to distance myself from Darr and thought that would help.:p

Sorry if you took it wrong! :D
I buy you the beers!!!:ernaehrung004: Wait how much do you drink?:drink:
Thumper

not much right now want to look good wearing a thong on 4th july:eek::eek:, going to the gym and not eating much either haahah. see yah:drink:

thumper038 06-03-2009 09:43 PM

THONG, I um, dunno what to say !

Audiofn 06-03-2009 09:45 PM

PLEASE feed him lots of drinks. If I have to see him in a thong I don't think I could recover!!!!!!!

thumper038 06-03-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Audiofn (Post 2880135)
PLEASE feed him lots of drinks. If I have to see him in a thong I don't think I could recover!!!!!!!

Thanks for helping me regain my train of thought!!
Yea a BBQ with beer and greasy burgers and brats some cake and lots and lots of fried twinkies that will do it :drink:

Pro1 06-03-2009 10:03 PM

Credibility.

With credibility you can send $6000 props and say pay me when you get the props. This has been the dealings between several of us on number 6 props. You maintain credibility so you have the ability to deal with the small boating community.

If someone is a dead beat it surfaces fast. Go find another hobby and take away something from this experience. Look at it this way you learned something. I can tell you the same people who deal like this would not even want to take money from you or send you props once your credibility is shot.

thumper038 06-03-2009 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pro1 (Post 2880153)
Credibility.

With credibility you can send $6000 props and say pay me when you get the props. This has been the dealings between several of us on number 6 props. You maintain credibility so you have the ability to deal with the small boating community.

If someone is a dead beat it surfaces fast. Go find another hobby and take away something from this experience. Look at it this way you learned something. I can tell you the same people who deal like this would not even want to take money from you or send you props once your credibility is shot.

A big AMEN!!!

That is why I had to clear it up so fast, I have done the deal's you spoke about with the people who have spoke up for me!!! I thank them very much for taking the time to type a few words reguarding my Credibilty!!!
Thanks To all of them:drink:
Thumper

thumper038 06-03-2009 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by prostock85 (Post 2879009)
Just recently heard of this guy as he has my bosses old boat. Was checking progress on the build over on BF and MAN do people hate this guy. At least I'm now filled in. I was truely amazed at how calm he stays with 90% of people trashing him. I would have thought for sure by now he would be in a trench coat wandering through people backyards. I do have to admit that he did a damn good job on the old 40, that is if its HIS work.

BTW, sorry about your dealings Gino

Hi prostock85

Trench coat This is Missouri, or Missura. I am from Chicago originally and we had to register our guns and have a FOID card. After we moved here I went to the Sheriffs office with my FOID Fire arms owners id card and asked how to get one. Well the nice Sheriff lady says I dont need one, Ok what do i need then, She says dont shoot anyone unless you have too!!!:eek:
A year latter we need to call 911 and the Sheriff comes out and says "lucky I was close you got kids I would shoot first and we will sort it out later" :eekdrop:
Trench coat in a back yard in Missouri I think not!!!

O by the way for 100 dollars and a 2 day class you can carry concealed in the GREAT STATE of Missouri.:drink:
Man I love living here.
Thumper:coolcowboy:

AIR TIME 06-04-2009 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by thumper038 (Post 2880140)
Thanks for helping me regain my train of thought!!
Yea a BBQ with beer and greasy burgers and brats some cake and lots and lots of fried twinkies that will do it :drink:

oow fried twinkies I could rest them on my bellie while I flip the burgers and bratts:ernaehrung004: while I have my finishline thong on:eek::evilb:.:picard1: