Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Tough times for some boaters out here! >

Tough times for some boaters out here!

Notices

Tough times for some boaters out here!

Old 06-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough times for some boaters out here!

Hello everyone of course im new here and wanted to drop in and say HI, Here is my story i sold my business in late 07 and the company that bought it decided not to pay me.
Sooo of course it ruined my credit and i cant get regular financing IM looking for a builder or an individual that will carry me for 24 months or less...IM just about ready to settle with them and will be able to cash out the loan as soon as i recieve the cash. IM looking for a boat for the summer and I will take over your payments I may be able to come up with a down payment. IM looking more for a lake boat open bow 26-28 foot eliminator or ultra or magic 2007 or newer something along those lines. If you can help a fellow boater or I can help you get out of a loan please let me [email protected]
Old 06-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Welcome to OSO.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Registered

Welcome. Your proposition seems a bit risky if you cant get normal financing. If you are on the up and up I appologize but you may end up sitting the summer out.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

welcome here! but can't have a solution for you for that one. But I'm sure some wealthy person somewhere could...
Old 06-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Yea, sure ................. I'll transfer some of my GM stock to you and you can sell the shares , and, and ...............
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Registered

why not buy a used older boat for now, and in two years sell it for a nice profit cause people are giving away boats now and in two years or so the market will get better you could buy new. I hope. mines 21years old now I have been disabled for about 5 years now and want a new boat. I am getting back to the grind next month it looks and am looking at new hulls and using my almost new parts off my old boat to put on a new hull so this fall or next season I will have a new boat.ps my wife and I bought a co 7 or 8 years ago we had a lawyer how could you not get payed??? I don't get it.

Last edited by AIR TIME; 06-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:48 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Sure

My business has been hit too. I sold my dream boat, a PowerPlay 33' last year, don't have a boat this year, won't have one next year either, won't have one the year after that too. I've had a boat every year for the past 35 years and this sucks. Dig yourself out like the rest of us.