Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Thank you Lucky Strike! You made my day! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210123-thank-you-lucky-strike-you-made-my-day.html)

LubeJobs42 06-02-2009 03:03 PM

Thank you Lucky Strike! You made my day!

I actually found OSO quite a few years ago while looking for pictures of my dad racing back in the late 70's. He passed away about 2 years ago and I only have 2 pathetic photos of him, one is a black and white photocopy of the Long Island fisherman where he had a record Tuna and one other 2" x 2" photo of him. Since I don't have contact with most of my family i had no way of getting photos of my dad. I posted on here several times over the years with the same question "does any one have any photos of a boat called the Executioner racing back in 1978 or 1979?". I had someone promiss me a video from back then but it got lost in the mail.
Today Lucky strike and Lucky strike junior walked in my office with a dvd of the 1979 Benihana and sure enough the boat and my dad were in the video. Instant goose bumps.

I can't tell you how much this video means to me. Thank you so much for finding it and taking the time to get it to me. I will treasure it!

FASTTIMES 06-02-2009 03:10 PM

Very Cool ! !

el indio 06-02-2009 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42 (Post 2878758)
I actually found OSO quite a few years ago while looking for pictures of my dad racing back in the late 70's. He passed away about 2 years ago and I only have 2 pathetic photos of him, one is a black and white photocopy of the Long Island fisherman where he had a record Tuna and one other 2" x 2" photo of him. Since I don't have contact with most of my family i had no way of getting photos of my dad. I posted on here several times over the years with the same question "does any one have any photos of a boat called the Executioner racing back in 1978 or 1979?". I had someone promiss me a video from back then but it got lost in the mail.
Today Lucky strike and Lucky strike junior walked in my office with a dvd of the 1979 Benihana and sure enough the boat and my dad were in the video. Instant goose bumps.

I can't tell you how much this video means to me. Thank you so much for finding it and taking the time to get it to me. I will treasure it!

GREAT FIND..PRICELESS.

WHOS HULL WAS IT?

Cuttin Loose 06-02-2009 03:45 PM

That's awesome!! Good luck on finding additional info as well.

lucky strike 06-02-2009 05:42 PM

[QUOTE=LubeJobs42;28787

I can't tell you how much this video means to me. Thank you so much for finding it and taking the time to get it to me. I will treasure it![/QUOTE]

It was my pleasure Gino.

sean stinson 06-02-2009 06:54 PM

Nice very nice!!!!

rchevelle71 06-03-2009 06:45 AM

Good Job Steve and Bobby:cool:

Audiofn 06-03-2009 07:01 AM

Now that you know what race it was maybe you can find more pictures? That is cool of you Lucky!!