Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OT- WTF! This is the demise of this nation! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21022-ot-wtf-demise-nation.html)

blown formula 03-27-2002 12:32 PM

I believe it is a disease called "redistribution of income"....
from those that have to those that do not make the effort to succeed.
I am from Tulsa, Oklahoma where there was a race riot in the early 1900's. Blacks now want the current population of Tulsa AND the state to pay the survivors decindents "reparations".
Probably 96% of the current population here now was not here then! I moved here when I was a freshman in high school, 50 years later. NOW, they want Me to pay THEM !! Ridiculous :mad:
The riot was started due to two blacks burning down buildings on "the other side of the tracks". I admit it was a shame this happened, BUT, they were also culpable for it and I nor my previous generation was here or responsible for the riot.
This whole situation is ludicrous:(

Ron P 03-27-2002 12:34 PM

We are already paying for slavery. It's called Welfare.

I guess these decendants wish that they were still running around with loincloths in Africa.

African American's need to give up on the slavery crap and move on to becoming productive citizens in todays culture.

Sounds like some ******* lawyer looking to make a name for himself with the worlds biggest class action law suit.

I bet finding some evidence will be kind of difficult.

Sounds like someone needs a good ass whooping to me.

Uncle Toys 03-27-2002 12:45 PM

My great great grandfather didn't immigrate to this country until around 1902. Do I still have to pay taxes for what went on in this country before that? This is insane!

blown formula 03-27-2002 12:54 PM

This is a way for the attorneys to take home 60% plus expenses. The actual decendents would probably take home a single dollar each! , and wreck havac on business and the financial markets. We would ALL suffer as a result. No business would be safe. No company would ever buy out another bankrupt company or its remaining assets. All stocks would tumble in value due to "lingering liabilities" from prior generations. W, in other words, could go back to virtuallyto..... the dark ages (depression era).
This cannot be allowed.:mad:

Chris288 03-27-2002 01:01 PM

Saw on CNN that a jury ordered an insurance compay to pay 39 million

to a guy who lost his FOOT,,,, hell you can have mine for half that.... :mad:

C_Spray 03-27-2002 01:16 PM

With cases like this being filed, Al-Qaeda will be out of a job: this country will self-destruct from the inside with no help from them.

I believe in this country, therefore I believe a judge will see this case for what it is and throw it out. Hopefully the judge will also levy a fine against the morons that filed it for gumming up the justice system with meaningless drivel.

By the way, I counted the zeros in the original post and came up with 1.4 quadrillion. I suppose if it's "only" 1.4 trillion, that's no so bad.....:rolleyes:

cigarette1 03-27-2002 01:25 PM

Originally posted by Back4More
If this ever makes trail, It could lead to a "Race War"
We need to clean house now!:mad:///

What exactly do you mean by "clean house .."

:confused:

CigDaze 03-27-2002 01:37 PM

I take it as, we need to weed out those amongst us who perpetually seek nothing more than to leech off of the toils and labor of others.

Getting handouts is easy. Earning a living and respect is not.

"Hey, how come I can'tst buy beer and smokes with my food stamps."
--Actual quote I heard at the spuermarket last week.

mlitefan 03-27-2002 02:23 PM

This is just another pathetic attempt at a money grab...I agree that the people who filed this should be fined...

Shane 03-27-2002 03:00 PM

Nonsense like this makes my blood boil!