Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Going To St. Pete's Beach Fla. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21024-going-st-petes-beach-fla.html)

New To Power 03-27-2002 10:51 AM

Going To St. Pete's Beach Fla.

Going down to St. Pete's Beach tomorrow and I need some suggestions for cool places to go. Restaraunts, stores and boating area's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

NTP (New To Power):D

skatermike24 03-27-2002 10:53 AM

Talk to BAJADAZE, thats his backyard!:cool:

CigDaze 03-27-2002 11:16 AM

Hey NTP,
Long way from home are we? :p :D ;)
Sounds cool! You're going to love it. It should be Sunny and 82 tomorrow. Where ya staying? Do you know what part of town?
I'll base my suggestions on that, But here's a few of my favorites:

There is a cool place called the Hurricane(5/5) Resteraunt. It's a four-story building that has an open-air rooftop bar. It's right on the beach and is the best place to catch a great sunset! Some of the best seafood, too!

Some other favorites:

Annie Moore Irish Pub(4/5)
6395 Gulf Blvd. St. Pete Beach

Bahama Mama's Beach Bar and Grille(5/5)
5250 Gulf Blvd. St. Pete Beach

Gators Cafe and Saloon(4/5)
12754 Kingfish Drive Treasure Island

Ratings (X/5), Just my opinion, not official or anything!
:cool: :cool:

Dixie Doug 03-27-2002 11:18 AM

Gators,Terra Verde marina,Fort Desoto,Billy's Stone Crab,Passagrille has some nice fun places to eat on the water,have fun. Doug

New To Power 03-27-2002 11:33 AM

Thanks for the advise. We are staying at a condo in Bay Island which is off of Passadena just north(east) of the beach. We have been to Gators before and loved it. I hope the weather stay good for a week.:)

Doesn't really matter since it snowed here in Toronto yesterday and it's cold today. Anything is better than this.....:D

NTP;)

New To Power 03-27-2002 11:35 AM

By the way, I heard that there is a place called The Salt Rock Grill.

Any comments???:confused:

NTP

CigDaze 03-27-2002 11:46 AM

The Salt Rock Grill is an excellent restaurant. It's truly a 5-star kind of place. I don't usually recommend it because it is a little, well you know, uppity. Not cheap either if you know what I mean. I may go there once a year max, like for anniversaries or something.

Check it out:
www.saltrockgrill.com

Some of the best food I've had in a long time. But after $200 for the wife and I, we had to stop on the way home to get the rest of our dinner. :D :D

dirtlawyer 03-27-2002 11:52 AM

check out stormwatch just down from the Don Cesar - on BajaDaze's rating schedule its a 3.5/5, but pretty cool.... as for the rest of the places listed, I agree.

If you get away from the beaches, downtown St. Pete has some pretty cool bars etc. on the weekends.

CigDaze 03-27-2002 01:30 PM

As Dirt mentioned, let's not forget about Downtown.
If you want to get away from the beach for a little while, you can visit the bayside, which is what's considered downtown.

Baywalk is a must see. It's a cool place to hang out with plenty of neat shops and bars. It consists of an entire city block, cobble-stoned and closed off. In the evenings they have bands playing in the courtyard or in the Martini Bar.

Then there's the pier area. It's a must see building if you've never been before!
:cool: :cool:

Cord 03-27-2002 01:34 PM

What about Crabby Bills?