Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210348-fountain-sucks-can-not-believe.html)

stirling 06-09-2009 01:42 AM

fountain

I think Sake is right about the fact his boat is only 1 year old ...
By the time his sales rep inspected the boat in october ,the boat was not even a year old ?
I don,t know all the details ,but if the boat was send to Europe after production ,there must be really something wrong with the gel ,because when the boat arrived in Europe the fading process is going to slow with 50% because of we don,t have as much sunlight burning as in the US,because its always raining here:eek:
So if the boat was sitting on a trailer for example at a Fountain dealer in Florida ,the gelcoat issues must be started to seen in a few weeks I guess ?

I can however understand the warranty standpoint from Fountain,What I don,t understand is the fact that they do nothing to help him out ,I read here Fountain fixed issues on an older out of warranty Fountain... anyway if it was my factory I would try to find a boat manufacturer in Europe / Netherlands that could help Sake ,and make an agreement on partial cost for both Sake and Fountain.

BTW,hows my spelling ? I,m from the Netherlands too.

A.J

Wildman_grafix 06-09-2009 07:26 AM

Additionally, in our investigation of this matter we discovered that our factory sales representative personally inspected the boat in October and observed fading from prior use/abuse of the vessel.
I think Fountain said ABUSE, hard to warranty that.

BTW,hows my spelling ? I,m from the Netherlands too.
Better then most kids text Messages:drink:

Still a bummer, I had a DONZI with black on the sides, and a little (very little) Black Hydrostream, looks cool but you have to wax almost all the time to keep from fading.

stirling 06-09-2009 11:33 AM

Fountain did use the word ABUSE,and I was wondering what they mean with ,,abuse ,,
I found it hard to believe on a expensive and almost new boat ,and the fading is on the deck ,how would one want to abuse that ..... it make me think acetone or paint thinner or scotch brite ???? or a load of sand on the deck and have 3 or 4 childeren dancing on the sand with shoes on ,heck I don,t get it ,maybe Sake can tell us more ?

Sake 06-09-2009 12:00 PM

I only did drive the boat 5 times only with my son! so i did not abuse the boat there are more thinghs going on read this later.

Stirling Thanks

Originally Posted by stirling (Post 2884284)
Fountain did use the word ABUSE,and I was wondering what they mean with ,,abuse ,,
I found it hard to believe on a expensive and almost new boat ,and the fading is on the deck ,how would one want to abuse that ..... it make me think acetone or paint thinner or scotch brite ???? or a load of sand on the deck and have 3 or 4 childeren dancing on the sand with shoes on ,heck I don,t get it ,maybe Sake can tell us more ?

seafordguy 06-09-2009 12:05 PM

I am guessing that if the boat was ever abused it was done while it was a "demonstrators" boat. Sake - I hope you get some resolution....

pachanga 06-09-2009 12:46 PM

I think the abuse was probably done by the dealer selling the boat the 2nd time. My guess is they sanded and buffed the sh*t out of it.

Shore Thing 06-09-2009 01:48 PM

"it would appear that this was indeed a pre-existing condition at the time you purchased this used boat."

I think this line sums it all up. It sucks, but you knew it was there and you had the opportunity to negotiate price based on it's condition.

did the dealer tell you (in writing) that this would be fixed by fountain under warranty.

Now if that is the case, i might be inclined to feel like fountain holds at least a little responsibility for its dealer network. Otherwise, paint it and consider it a lesson learned.

Boat Tech 06-09-2009 04:03 PM

[Just my 02 worth here] But if that was my boat I would have called the gel coat manufacturer by now and sent them photos and see if they have a rep they could send out to look at the boat and let them call fountain with their opinion, I have some times seen things go from a no way we can help you from the boat manufacturer to a YES we can help you. It's your last fight, If that dose not work then yes the game is over.

Jamie B. 06-09-2009 04:46 PM

Bought used and with it pre-existing.

Next case.

fountainemp 06-09-2009 07:50 PM

what a interesting thread.