Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210348-fountain-sucks-can-not-believe.html)

Bullhead 06-17-2009 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2890653)
I'm really suprised that they didn't give you a new boat.

yeah really.....with building to store it in and a full time maintenance guy

Von Bongo 06-17-2009 03:41 PM

I'm not Reg's biggest fan but I have to side with the factory on this one.

You bought it sight unseen, used, a demo (that should be your first red flag) and didn't check to see what the warranty was on the boat? Now the Fountain Factory is in the wrong?

Did you put a scan tool on the motors? You might have more surprises in store! Fix the small stuff and have someone spray the deck, move on and enjoy the boat. Educations cost money and you just paid for your.

FeverMike 06-17-2009 04:03 PM

Sake, You bought a 2 year old used boat....Martin at Fountain at least is trying to help you with idea to fix the cosmetics of the black gel and not ignore you. Warranties have there limits and why should Fountain fix the cosmetics of the black gel on a used boat?

On the other hand thank you for at least tell the truth finally. Your first post and saying Fountain sucks is way way out of line and you should retract this entire thread. You made a mistake but yet are trying to hurt the manufacture and not tell the whole truth from the start.

Jamie B. 06-17-2009 04:15 PM

I dont recommend that he delete this thread, there is solid information here on what not to do, even when buying a year or 2 old boat, of any brand.

Just re-name the thread.

JBoat 06-17-2009 06:00 PM

The boat was 1 year old when this started happening. Regardless if it was like that when he bought it or not the factory did an awful job making this boat. If their work can’t hold up 1 year and they are claiming "abuse" it’s an issue and that seems to be getting over looked here. They used the wrong materials and/or poor knowledge making their product.

I don’t really care about Sake - Sorry. But just don’t get why some people thinks is ok for a manufacture to walk away from bad work. If everyone had that attitude we would have some really crappy products out their.

Think about something similar to this happening to you car our house you just bought at one year old. I know most people would not take it lying down so I do not see why this situation would be any different.

Stand behind you work, or let everyone read about this crap you sold and make their judgements about your product.

US1 Fountain 06-17-2009 07:12 PM

So Fountain should fix these problems on a boat bought sight unseen? Sevaral here act like this boat left the factory in this condition with these problems. Since when should a builder be responsible for how a owner takes care of his boat? JUST MAYBE the original owner tore the chit out of it. Some guys can tear up more chit in 1 week than many do in several yrs. The items not working aren't made by Fountain. Sake had 'convienently' left out the large peice of the puzzle in his orignal post, and is now crying wolf. Next time, do your home work 1st.

What did the survey say you had done before you bought it? Let me guess......

freerider 06-17-2009 07:32 PM

Sell it, buy a Skater and wave at Fountain owners when you pass them.

johnnyboatman 06-17-2009 08:23 PM

not all skaters run that good:coolcowboy:dont be hatn jus been in some poker runs and the 28 egg beater skaters dont seem that fast,so we wave at them when we pass them.

ReggieRaft 06-17-2009 08:36 PM

My boat is a 2001 and is lift keep. But its looks and shines great. I'am happy with my fountain.And would buy another.

FeverMike 06-17-2009 09:52 PM

Black Gel Red Gel Blue Gel...if left out in the sun and not protected will oxidize/craze/haze. This is not a fault of any manufacture.