Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210348-fountain-sucks-can-not-believe.html)

Sake 06-18-2009 01:03 AM

Von Bongo and Fever mike,

youre right about some things,

But,

I did not call the factory first i call my dealer he told me that there is a FULL WARRENTY on my boat.

now the next happens, my dealer steps out off buissnis the are gone, the dont awnser my call ore e mails.

THAT is the reason that i call fountain what would you do???

and the told me yes whe know the uk dealer is out!!
so my new contakt is than fountain.

You are right about buying a boat on the phone i wil never ever do that again, but i tought what can be wrong?? i saw the photos of the interior and that lookt new!! and that is new!

i saw the photos from the drive and steering lookt new!!
and that is new!!

i saw so manny photos from the boat and the all look new,

and i hafe to be honest the dealer was a great guy to talk with on the phone, so i saw no problems buying a boat that i did not see. so i wil take that stupide thing for my self!!!!!

I hafe great respeckt for Reggie Fountain i saw the home page 1000 times!! it was so cool that reggie stept in the screen and did his word about Fountain boats, i was in love with the fountain company and bought one!!

that was my 2 mistake

Regards Sake

Phazar454Mag 06-18-2009 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by JBoat (Post 2890786)
The boat was 1 year old when this started happening. Regardless if it was like that when he bought it or not the factory did an awful job making this boat. If their work can’t hold up 1 year and they are claiming "abuse" it’s an issue and that seems to be getting over looked here. They used the wrong materials and/or poor knowledge making their product.

If black gelcoat on the top of a boat is as problematic as Martin from Fountain says, then Fountain should not manufacture any boats using black gel on the top part of the boat.
I am referrring to the following comment from Fountain: "It is our experience that colored gel coat and black in particular, will fade significantly over time, particularly on the horizontal surfaces. This primarily includes the deck. That is why we do not recommend black gel specifically, and why there was an Exclusion of Liability issued with the boat."

Even if a customer wants wants black gel on the top, Fountain should inform the customer that they do not want to produce this, since there is high risk that it quickly will look pretty bad and that customers will not be happy long term and it can affect the reputation of the quality of Fountain boats.

Fountain should use a good paint like IMRON in case a customer insists of having a boat that is black on the top.

Wildman_grafix 06-18-2009 06:45 AM

Fountain does stand behind our product; however, this colored boat was against our recommendations and the original purchasers was fully informed that the black gel coat would indeed fade. Clearly, with the use that this boat has seen as a two year old boat, it has not been very well maintained.

As for the deck, we recommended that the original owner paint the deck, but they insisted on gel coat despite our warning and the liability exclusion we provided with the boat. Black paint will have the boat looking sharp, and it will not fade like gel coat.
Sounds like they tried to get the original buyer to paint it and they refused.

Sake,

Scan the motors, the computers on those will not only be able to tell you the hours but how long at each r.p.m. bin. When I was looking for my boat no hour meter was the same as the motors, a couple were 100 off.
I get the feeling you got a beat boat from a dealer that knew he was going to close.

Phazar454Mag 06-18-2009 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix (Post 2891139)
Sounds like they tried to get the original buyer to paint it and they refused.

I still think Fountain should say no to a request like black gelcoat if they can not recommend that. Fontains name is on the product after the sale and chances are they will get unhappy customers down the road.
If I was Fountain I would not manufacture something that I knew with a high probability would cause unsatisfied customers, instead I would insists on paint if black is the color of choice or may be use white gelcoat on the top instead.

TCBoss302 06-18-2009 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag (Post 2891163)
I still think Fountain should say no to a request like black gel if they can not recommend that. Fontains name is on the product after the sale and chances are they will get unhappy customers down the road.
If I was Fountain I would not manufacture something that I knew with a high probability would cause unsatisfied customers, instead I would insists on paint if black is the color of choice or may be use white gel on the top instead.

Did I miss something? Fountain says they advise against painting a boats top deck black, but a customer insisted on that color. How is this a DEMO boat if it was custom ordered?

Phazar454Mag 06-18-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by TCBoss302 (Post 2891279)
Did I miss something? Fountain says they advise against painting a boats top deck black, but a customer insisted on that color. How is this a DEMO boat if it was custom ordered?

Isn't it possible it was custom ordered by the dealer in England ?

Sake 06-18-2009 10:41 AM

wow guys i dont know how the order the boat i know that the MORE price was for a black boat was about 2600 pounds that would be 7000 us dollar!!:eek:

Pantera1 06-18-2009 12:58 PM

So.. is this paint or gel.. Iether will fade in uv light. Black is a mistake on top period. If fountain warned the original owner in writing they wouldnt recomend or stand behind the black topside.. isnt that saying something? Its why most boats are white

Phazar454Mag 06-18-2009 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1 (Post 2891477)
So.. is this paint or gel.. Iether will fade in uv light. Black is a mistake on top period. If fountain warned the original owner in writing they wouldnt recomend or stand behind the black topside.. isnt that saying something? Its why most boats are white

Gelcoat fades a lot more than a paint like IMRON.

If the Fountain had been painted with IMRON it would have been in nearly like new condition, unless it got some scratches.

Still think Fountain should have said no to the black gelcoat request since they know it will not last for long when exposed to sunlight, unless they want unhappy customers like Sake.

Pantera1 06-18-2009 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Phazar454Mag (Post 2891513)
Gelcoat fades a lot more than a paint like IMRON.

If the Fountain had been painted with IMRON it would have been in nearly like new condition, unless it got some scratches.

Still think Fountain should have said no to the black gelcoat request since they know it will not last for long when exposed to sunlight, unless they want unhappy customers like Sake.

How does that old saying go? "You can please some of the people some of the time"
Fountain did the custom work at the customers risk.. end of story.
There will always be whiners :bigbird: