Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210348-fountain-sucks-can-not-believe.html)

thisistank 06-06-2009 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by 2112 (Post 2881810)

As bad as that is for a new boat, if you saw how the structural components (stringers, bulkheads and coring) are put together, the gel coat flaws would mean nothing to you.

OH SNAP!!!!:eek:

Boat Tech 06-06-2009 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave (Post 2881896)
Hows the gel on your Lavey holding up?
My 93 Lavey looks like the day I bought it.

UD

The gel coat is holding varry nicely over all, And has no flaws in it at all from new from what I can see, I bought the boat late last year and it has 170 hours on it, And it has never been beached, But it has always sat out side so right now on the port and starboard sides the darker colors at the rear only are a little oxidized right now, But for being out side for 13 years in the sun it still looks really good, [LOL] when it's wet in the water it still looks brand new, The white color is still new looking and I just need to get off this computer long enough to do a varry light wet sanding and buff in the colors and it will be like brand new with varry little effert to it. And the inside was not as bad as you would think still being original and out side with just a normal boat cover on it. I will say chris jeff and shauna always has done a varry good job over all these years making varry nice clean boats inside and out, Also any one and every one that has owned a lavey craft should be varry proud of there boat, They really are nice over all with the rest of the hi dollar boats out there today:) By the way I just looked at your "out of the mold" thread down in laveys area. Varry nice 2750 love the color.:) And I hope lavey craft boats will make it thru the hard times every one is going thru right now as well with all the other boating manufacturer's out there to.:boat:

GLH 06-06-2009 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2881670)
If he was standing up behind his product you probably wouldn't see him. :D :D

Hummmmm..... Perspectives....... :drink:

Originally Posted by Anton Ego
Mustafa: [taking Ego's order] Do you know what you'd like this evening, sir?
Anton Ego: Yes, I think I do. After reading a lot of overheated puffery about your new cook, you know what I'm craving? A little perspective. That's it. I'd like some fresh, clear, well seasoned perspective. Can you suggest a good wine to go with that?
Mustafa: With what, sir?
Anton Ego: Perspective. Fresh out, I take it?
Mustafa: I am, uh...
Anton Ego: Very well. Since you're all out of perspective and no one else seems to have it in this BLOODY TOWN, I'll make you a deal. You provide the food, I'll provide the perspective, which would go nicely with a bottle of Cheval Blanc 1947.

RaggedEdge 06-06-2009 07:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by LZH (Post 2881730)
Not really - just a good polish every few months :D

I agree, but they do show the ripples!:D

LZH 06-06-2009 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge (Post 2881950)
I agree, but they do show the ripples!:D

Niiiiiiiice :drink:

jeff32 06-06-2009 02:11 PM

most boat are no warranty on gel coat... can't understand why but I know many if not all are not...

Strip Poker 388 06-06-2009 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by 2112 (Post 2881810)
I had the exact same problem with my custom ordered Blue boat (32 Fever). The white spots is white gel coat that was not cleaned from the mold prior to spraying in the black gel coat. Probably overspray from the mold next to it.

The only fix is to paint it.

As bad as that is for a new boat, if you saw how the structural components (stringers, bulkheads and coring) are put together, the gel coat flaws would mean nothing to you.

I was thinking it could of been silver bleeding thru, if it was metallic? your answer sounds more likely

brian41 06-06-2009 04:23 PM

Strip, How come the Mcleod avitar and why upside down ?

Strip Poker 388 06-06-2009 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by brian41 (Post 2882161)
Strip, How come the Mcleod avitar and why upside down ?

is going to be a big nasty thread on how they treated me,and they sent back damages peices,it will be pages long:mad::mad::mad:

bms26 06-06-2009 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sake (Post 2881627)
I think you wil never hafe the monney to buy a boat like this.

What you need to do is learn how to spell. You seem really stupid with all your wrong spellings!:angry-smiley-038: