FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this >

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Notices

FOUNTAIN SUCKS!!! can not believe this

Old 06-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Glad I ran across this thread. Im defintely NEVER buying a Fountain now!

good idea stick with the vyper...much better of a boat???????????????????????
Old 06-19-2009, 12:43 AM
Registered

I am kinda on the fence with this one...CLEARLY, Fountain is under no obligaton to do this, but this type of publicity is certainly not helping them, and as tough as times are right now, if I were Fountain I would certainly subscribe to the theory that it is much cheaper to kep a customer than finding a new one...

That being said, here is what I would have done if I was Fountain...I'd tell Sake that if he was willing to ship the boat to me, I'd paint it and I'd ship it back...What is it going to cost...$2500-3000 to ship one way and MAYBE $1000 in paint? Don't forget, he is already paying his painter every week, whether or nbot he is painting Sake's boat this week or not...

So for maybe a $4000 paint job & transport cost, Sake would be up here saying how his boat was phucked up, out of warranty, the dealer was a pice of chit for selling the boat to him in this condition, but Reggie welcomed him to send the boat in and he would fix it & send it back...

Now, THAT would have been VERY nice PR for Fountain in these tough times...3-4 nice gestures like that and I'm sure they gt a boat sale or two out of it...

Great Customer Service isn't just a necessity, its also a great investment that always PAYS OFF...

J
Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Moving2Miami
I am kinda on the fence with this one...CLEARLY, Fountain is under no obligaton to do this, but this type of publicity is certainly not helping them, and as tough as times are right now, if I were Fountain I would certainly subscribe to the theory that it is much cheaper to kep a customer than finding a new one...

That being said, here is what I would have done if I was Fountain...I'd tell Sake that if he was willing to ship the boat to me, I'd paint it and I'd ship it back...What is it going to cost...$2500-3000 to ship one way and MAYBE $1000 in paint? Don't forget, he is already paying his painter every week, whether or nbot he is painting Sake's boat this week or not...

So for maybe a $4000 paint job & transport cost, Sake would be up here saying how his boat was phucked up, out of warranty, the dealer was a pice of chit for selling the boat to him in this condition, but Reggie welcomed him to send the boat in and he would fix it & send it back...

Now, THAT would have been VERY nice PR for Fountain in these tough times...3-4 nice gestures like that and I'm sure they gt a boat sale or two out of it...

Great Customer Service isn't just a necessity, its also a great investment that always PAYS OFF...

J

Well put here! First comment in 16 pages that makes some real sense. Only thing I would suggest here would be to skip the cost of shipping and just get a local shop there to take care of it where it sits. Overall that would take the cost way down, there's nothing to be gained by shipping the boat back and forth across the Atlantic. Could be taken care of for likely 1/2 of one way shipping cost.

Agree fully that it is more prudent to keep a customer than to find a new one. It amazes me that some just can't seem to figure that out. Good times or not so good, that will always show you a return.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sake,

The real question here is...do your windows leak
Old 06-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Even white gel turns chalky after very little time. We had a 1993 formula 34 PC and the gel on the deck started to go after 6 months, then it was constant waxing. The boat was on an uncovered lift and too big for a full cover, so it's just how it was. The imron graphics were perfect though. The sides, transom, and bottom were all fine too... the deck is what gets nuked.

comparing the black hull sides of one boat to the top of this one is apples to oranges.

If I bought a black boat, I'd plan on having it sprayed with Awlgrip or Imron.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Well put here! First comment in 16 pages that makes some real sense. Only thing I would suggest here would be to skip the cost of shipping and just get a local shop there to take care of it where it sits. Overall that would take the cost way down, there's nothing to be gained by shipping the boat back and forth across the Atlantic. Could be taken care of for likely 1/2 of one way shipping cost.

Agree fully that it is more prudent to keep a customer than to find a new one. It amazes me that some just can't seem to figure that out. Good times or not so good, that will always show you a return.
Post # 101 ,thats what I thought too,there are enough boat manufacturers ,or fiberglass shops that have a large booth , I work at a company that has a 75 ft booth ,and a 48 ft ,we are doing large trucks,cars ,boats,RV,s etc ,and I,m +- 100 miles from Sake.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:36 PM
Registered

no the are not
Originally Posted by Westcoast
Sake,

The real question here is...do your windows leak
Old 06-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge

Yep......and then everyone with an expired warranty with a problem is going to come after them to fix their problem......Fountain is doing the right thing here.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Yep......and then everyone with an expired warranty with a problem is going to come after them to fix their problem......Fountain is doing the right thing here.

If I remember right this whole deal started, and was looked at before the warranty expired.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=RaggedEdge;2892498]If I remember right this whole deal started, and was looked at before the warranty expired.[/QUOTE I said it in a pm they should have taken care of this guy from the start and if they spent 3 to 4 grand repainting this thread would not be here or at any of the other sites, so there would not be anyone else jumping on the band wagon asking for work after a warranty expired. so now there is a good chance they have lost new customers or old ones looking to move up. it to late now I guess cause PC is right there will be others looking for repairs for zip. customer always comes 1st, try being in the home design business well the rug end anyway. later

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.