Notices

Jacksonville Run

Old 06-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I'm sure, but I am mainly interested in 2 of them....
I got your back Cash Bar!! I had already posted them for ya before I read thru the entire thread. I figured you were patiently awaiting them. I'm sure everyone can appreciate why. She's a hottie!! They are in here somewhere....LOL. 8-)
Old 06-08-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jayboat

Had a blast with Lori (PicChic), who worked with me this year-
she was on the bridge and in the booth and mostly partyin' with... everyone!
She got some shots Saturday nite that will be classics, I guarantee it.

Wanted to get this composite up that shows the field as they approached Buckman Bridge.
In the top image you can see PP is shutting down and Gino on the right
(ignore that little vbottom directly behind Gino, he was waiting in the river...)

The bottom shot shows Predator and Performance Boat Brokers MTI a bit behind the Mercedes boat and PP pulling off the course.

oh well- still got some good stuff. stay tuned!

All I can say is...."A pic is worth a 1000 words" & maybe puts a little "judgement" into play while the Jury's been out....LOL. I am not partial to anyone but have to say, GREAT job Gino!! You were absolutely screamin through that bridge.........& with OUT a doubt, the "1st ONE" to Buckman bridge!! Sorry guys, but I was there & witnessed it myself. Not to mention, pics don't lie.... EVERYONE looked awesome & it was an absolute pleasure meeting all you guys this wknd!! Jay, we got some GREAT shots!!

It was an awesome event & MANY thanks to Bill Sr. I thoroughly enjoyed myself as well as working with you JayBoat. Can't wait for Sunny Isles!! Although exhausted , I had an absolute BLAST this wknd!!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 11:16 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
We all had fun!! Great poker run!!! Great people!!!
Jim, it was a real pleasure meeting you & your crew. I had SUCH A BLAST with ALL you guys. THANK YOU for EVERYTHING!!! I LOVE my new found "in training" girlie peeps!! You keep them practicing for me ok?. I want to see perfect boob dances by Destin...LMAO!! Take care & keep in touch.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I have to agree that Jacksonville is one of the safer places for everybody to run hard because of the conditions and the amount of room on the river, but we are proof that you don't have to be out in front of the pack to win. We left the docks 10-15 minutes after everybody else and we won the event.

We always let the pack go before we start because with a tight group of boats like that, all it takes is one mechanical failure or one inexperienced person to cause a lot of trouble for everybody else. I know that we don't have the speed to stay out in front of the pack so I prefer to let them go, let the pack spread out and then try to catch them one at a time. This way we are still running fast, but not in a big pack.
Attached Thumbnails Jacksonville Run-100_2270.jpg  
Old 06-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Hot Duck. Save some of that for KW- you're buying drinks this round!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Formulabill
DAVE,

Some good thoughts, but who wants to de-tune their boat to run with the above mentioned. Secondly who wants to run with just one other boat , which seems to be quite common in boat racing these days. At Jacksonville there were 100 boats entered, and you could start in any group you wanted to. Police divers were out, along with para-medics from the Fire dept. The FWC, and Coast Guard. Granted they were there to watch the spectacle but it is nice to know we have many friends available to us if we need help.

Your runs are legendary and well respected but sometime you just got to let The Big Dog Eat. On the St. Johns river it is over three miles long and un-limited speed for the next 100 miles.If the Testerone needs to be released this is the place to do it.

One last thought, ALL the money left over after the bills are paid go to Charity, when was the last time you saw a Boat Race for Charity?
Bill, we had a great weekend! Thank you for everything! Can't wait until next year!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hot Duck
I have to agree that Jacksonville is one of the safer places for everybody to run hard because of the conditions and the amount of room on the river, but we are proof that you don't have to be out in front of the pack to win. We left the docks 10-15 minutes after everybody else and we won the event.

We always let the pack go before we start because with a tight group of boats like that, all it takes is one mechanical failure or one inexperienced person to cause a lot of trouble for everybody else. I know that we don't have the speed to stay out in front of the pack so I prefer to let them go, let the pack spread out and then try to catch them one at a time. This way we are still running fast, but not in a big pack.
Congratulations!! You're right! You are the big winner! All I got is bills I have to pay!
Old 06-08-2009, 02:04 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Hot Duck

This prize money went to a great group of poker runners. These guys are like family at the run as are a LOT of the people that we register. I have said for years this run is like a family reunion and we always have a fun time together.

Looking at that picture with all the beef and ladies in it, i see why you start at the back of the pack. Takes you forever to get on plane.

It does not matter if you are the fastest or slowest as long as you have a good time at the thursday, friday, and saturday night parties and leave here dead tired, but happy and wanting to come back next year.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stangkilr
whipple's outerlimits cat looked like it was hanging with PP for a bit and had Gino beat...what happened Dustin?
Boat was running very well until the Cyborg 1500 came apart! Limped over to the ramp, changed it in 45 minutes thanks to the OL team and then the rain came. Waited a good 3 hours at ramp for it to stop. Finally stopped for a few, started going to the lunch stop since most were still there, but it started pouring again so we turned at parked at Pure Platinums house. Really sucked, the boat was really fast.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2882748]
Originally Posted by Cat & Mice
Maybe he stopped to help PP put his belt back on

Just kidding, I think he lost a transmission. His new motors make some pretty big power, no transmission can take it :-)

no transmission can take it :-) Yeah Right

Jimmy Lee trannys will take whater Dustys got
Really? Well maybe there's some other tranny, but the freshly rebuilt units with zero hours after rebuild did not make it far. Putting shiftable crash boxes in this week.

We installed the new Dart Pro2 380CNC heads and I have to say they are BY FAR the best convential style head I've ever tested.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.