Notices

Jacksonville Run

Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Whipple Charged;2883404][QUOTE=RunninHotRacing158;2882748]

Really? Well maybe there's some other tranny, but the freshly rebuilt units with zero hours after rebuild did not make it far. Putting shiftable crash boxes in this week.

Here ya go BIG Daddy ya may have missed the FINE print boat looks awesome in the Vid and was pullin friggin hard

We have transmissions that can handle big power!!! They are in my 46 Skater Freedom US1 and working perfectly. 6th to the bridge by the way. Two speed. The name of the company is Speed Shift Transmissions. We are building a set for a customer now and have more available. 316-648-2414 or 417-437-0665. Jim or Tyson

Congratz Jimmy & Tyson give em H@LL, sounds like you got it

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 06-08-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:57 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Whipple Charged;2883404]
Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158

Really? Well maybe there's some other tranny, but the freshly rebuilt units with zero hours after rebuild did not make it far. Putting shiftable crash boxes in this week.

We installed the new Dart Pro2 380CNC heads and I have to say they are BY FAR the best convential style head I've ever tested.
Dustin, I guess I need to learn to keep my mouth shut on forums again. I forgot how everything can be taken out of context.

Your still a *** though, even if you have a cool boat

MP
Old 06-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Bill,

Since you seem to have a handle on putting on a great show your goal for next year is getting the weather to cooperate! My goal is to make all the stops in 2010, I'm 0 for 2 after 2 yrs and 2 attempts! Thanks for all your assistance leading up to & throughout the PR weekend!

AJ,

I know you find this hard to believe but NO I'm Not Jim Darr

Cashbar,

Good to finally be able to put a face w/ an AVATAR and that goes for the others I had the pleasure of meeting!

See you in 2010 if not elswhere before!

PS-don't ask me what # I was to the bridge b/c I simply don't know!
Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Registered

Great to see everyone this weekend and thanks for coming to Jax !!!

I think we all had a great time despite the weather !

- Aaron
Old 06-08-2009, 04:49 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Even though I wasn't there for the run, had a great time at the street party. Good to see ya Greg and everyone else. Plan on attending this next year.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NO MERCY
Great to see everyone this weekend and thanks for coming to Jax !!!

I think we all had a great time despite the weather !

- Aaron
Ya, it was a great time, good to meet some of you guys and really gotta thank Pyburn and his family, really went out of there way for us.

Dustin
Old 06-08-2009, 05:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Ya, it was a great time, good to meet some of you guys and really gotta thank Pyburn and his family, really went out of there way for us.

Dustin
Tell me about it ... how about sitting in the pouring rain cuz your boat was in his lift .

J/K the boat looked great and was really haulin ass to the bridge!!
Old 06-08-2009, 06:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Thanks Bro. I learned from the Tulsa Pimp himself, B Mo-fo'n LEE.

It wasn't the same without my EDock family though. I expect y'all back next year?
He does have good lineage!

I hope to. Had scheduling conflicts the last two years.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NO MERCY
Tell me about it ... how about sitting in the pouring rain cuz your boat was in his lift .

J/K the boat looked great and was really haulin ass to the bridge!!
Ha ha, ya, thought he mighta wanted that back
Old 06-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
Man, looks like a great time despite the weather not fully cooperating?!

Can someone explain something, if they have the time:

If I pull my boat the 1000 miles to go visit all my buddies at a run, and my buddies & I want to run fast with each other, FULLY clear of any of the rest of the group, and any other spectators, what's wrong with that?

No, the poker run is not a race, but if 2,3,4, etc, friends want to see how they stack up against some friends, SAFELY, I see no issue with that? The ones that seem to complain, aren't even in any danger? No, your insurance WILL NOT go up on your Formula/Baja/etc, if some guys with completely different insurance companies AND policies all together hurt themselves driving THEIR boat?

I absolutely agree that if someone decides to run up the middle of a group running 70mph at 120+, they are being very unsafe, and should be kicked out of the event. I don't agree that people should complain about a few guys running WAAAY up front with each other, using the card stop, or bridge, as their "finish line"? It's fun for the spectators that have drooled all over the boats, waiting for them to run, and fun for the entrants that haven't seen their other freinds' boats in months?

I'm just looking for the difference in any regular weekend of running fast, where there aren't coast guard, or newspaper notices the week before, and a regular ol Poker Run where the boats in question are MILES ahead of the pack in MOST cases?

Back home we run fast together EVERY WEEKEND. 4-5 cats, plenty of room between each other, and either in the morning, or late in the evening so that there are minimal Sea Doo's/boaters out there. What's the difference? I'm sure others with fast boats like to run them fast, in the right conditions, on any given weekend? Is the weekend not a race now? We get 10x's the seat time & experience leading into a good run, over the people that ONLY run their boat at poker runs, or ever "racers" that run once a month. I don't mean the real racers that test all week, & weekend. I mean the guys "racing" just for the image.

I just feel like if the fast guys want to group up and run faster than the rest, they should be able to without catching hell from the bench, assuming they are using a VERY safe distance from others that want to cruise?

Shootouts & radar runs are one blown drive, or steering cable away from sending a 140mph missle through a 500 boat raft up. and MANY of the regular complainers are tied up, drunk, IN THAT RAFT UP, but see it as safe because it's......"______"??

I'm not looking for someone to come rant about how they pulled in front of a fast boat to let their kids see it, and got buzzed as a result......which happens at times when the FAMILY boat, puts themselves in front of the train.
Yup
Kill me to miss the run this year!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.