Notices

Magic Powerboats

Old 07-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magic Powerboats

Hey guys, i need some help. I am somewhat new to the powerboat scene, but not new to boating. Im in the process of getting my family and I into powerboating though. Ive been following and doing homework into powerboats, but now comes the question. I want to get into a mid cabin or a cat deck boat and have found that Magic boats fills both of these shoes. But since they have gone out of buisness, there are selling all of their hulls on iboats for resonable prices. Would it be worth my money and time to buy one and outfit it with power myself, or continue my search for a used or new complete boat. As stated, this will be my first powerboat, but not my first boat.

thanks for your recomendations!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:19 PM
Registered

If you've never owned a powerboat before, you for sure won't know what you are doing rigging it. If you want to pay someone else to rig it, then maybe it will work out for you.

The problem with the first time is you'll WAY over think it, and put too much junk in the boat. You want the simplest boat you can have, because everything you put in, you will also need to fix. When stuff is being fixed, you are not boating!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cajunrzr
Hey guys, i need some help. I am somewhat new to the powerboat scene, but not new to boating. Im in the process of getting my family and I into powerboating though. Ive been following and doing homework into powerboats, but now comes the question. I want to get into a mid cabin or a cat deck boat and have found that Magic boats fills both of these shoes. But since they have gone out of buisness, there are selling all of their hulls on iboats for resonable prices. Would it be worth my money and time to buy one and outfit it with power myself, or continue my search for a used or new complete boat. As stated, this will be my first powerboat, but not my first boat.

thanks for your recomendations!!!

Go to performanceboats.com and search "magic", it should answer all your questions! Good luck.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Magic is having a going out of business sale now so you should get a great deal.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered

I would also suggest that you don't rig up your first power boat for reasons mentioned above. There are alot of good mid cabin boats out there and cat deck boats. Check out this 2001 Mach 1 mid cabin. Let me know and I can get you in contact with the owner if you want. This boat is in perfect condition inside and out and the engines/drives also run flawlessly.
http://www.lakewideyachtbrokerage.com/1757.htm
Old 07-04-2009, 07:04 PM
Registered

I would like to thank everyone real quick for the quick and helpful information. Im am learning more and more everyday from you guys. My other hobby is offroading, but i am quickly learning that powerboating guys are very passionate about this sport/hobby and are very willing to lend a helping hand and share knowledge. This is part of way i am excited to get into powerboating.

thanks again
Old 07-04-2009, 07:07 PM
Registered

Thanks brandon for the link, i think 34' is bigger than what i want to start with, but not completely out of question, ill continue my research for a bit and let u know about ur contact.