Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn! >

$5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!

Notices

$5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!

Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NO MERCY
Funny you would have the same view this weekend, as you did in Islamorada. The back of PP, walking the dog on you. How could you even begin to say you ran away from him?

You were hard in the throttle coming up on HIM ... Bill rolled into it, immediately matched your pace, out accelerated you and put football fields on you before backing out of the throttle. We had already slowed back down to 130mph by the time you did your wide open fly-by. Again on PUMP GAS and transmissions.

- All in good fun
THAT'S THE PROBLEM!
You must be thinking of another boat.
I was in the Mercedes boat!!!

We were the silver boat in Islamarada. We were cruising about 120 and Bill came up on our Starboard side. As soon as we were dead even we both accelerated and pulled you. Bill slowed down. Remember? Then when we got to the dock Bill said he wanted to take it easy because his wife was in the boat. But then Albert Hanesworth called Bill over and asked him if he backed down after we pulled away because of his wife being in the boat like he told us or was it the low fuel pressure as was told to Albert earlier. That's when we found out it was both!
So obviously if you are thinking of a boat PP pulled away from you must be mistaken him with the Mercedes boat.

Glad we got to the bottom of that one!

As for the weekend, Thank you!!! We got in too late for the block party but you guys all did a great job. I can't imagine coordinating all of that!
Thanks again for a most memorable weekend!
Old 06-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Obviously you were out late! Your vision must have been a little fuzzy. Hope your throat feels better! Drinking 2 nights in a row can be dangerous, you do stupid things! At least it got you in the boat!

Hopefully you had enough voice left to say

"Bill, he's going by!
Oh well, better luck next year! You almost had it".

Bill needs your support right now.
Be a friend to him.
This is probably going to be a tough week for Bill. His mind is going to mess with him. He is going to wonder if I'm going to put the 1:35 drives back on to get my acceleration back to run away from him at the start like the past or am I going to keep the 1:24 and go with a smaller prop and get him on the top end.
Then he has the worry if Cheif can keep his engines going long enough to finish.

Its eating him that the first time we ran he blew a motor.
than In Islamarada, He lost fuel pressure after he came up on us and we ran away from him. Than there is this weekend that is fuzzy too you.

He probabaly already has his boat back at Chief seeing what they can do to
get what ever ponies are hiding in there, I know he has about 1542 that were there on the dyno.

Since you Bills ear, mention a few things.
I am still waiting to see the other half of the video HE PROMISSED he would show now that we all saw the FIRST HALF!

Obviously like his motors, his video camera dosen't have the capability of making it to the finish!

Bill was given 3 options. His choice.

1. Best time to Bimini and back.

2. Run straight up and down the beach the length of the race course.

3. From the Rickenbacher bridge to Feather bed in biscayne bay.

You can not have a better selection! If has has another idea, I open.

Can't wait to hear what we are going to do! I'm sure he's busy having his boat worked on so I don't want to bother him

I'm already having my boat worked on, I had a new cd changer put in today.

Damn, someone is getting tried hard
Old 06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hugetime1
Hey Gino, just got off the phone with Loose Cannon, he will take your challange. He will pick the water, 5k to winners charity. He says his 36 full cabin pleasure nor-tech with bed, toilet , showers,etc will smoke your full race MTI, with now cabin.

enough talk, let's race!!!!!
Tell Joe I appreciate the offer but I for now I have to gratiously decline his offer. The score needing settling is with Pyburn.

I would have loved to have had him be able to run with us in Jax. What happened to him? I remember going by him about 40 seconds into the run but didn't see him again. Did he break?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe he blew a blower belt, I wil confirm
Old 06-08-2009, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

So I can understand Bill Pyburn, his family and friends put this poker run on? Or are a very big part of putting together this run?
Old 06-08-2009, 08:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gino, just got off the phone with Joe, he states that he was passes you at about 176 when he blew the belt. You can clearly see it on the video, he is the boat all the way to the right.

He says enough chatter let's race!!!
Old 06-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

THAT'S THE PROBLEM!
You must be thinking of another boat.
I was in the Mercedes boat!!!

We were the silver boat in Islamarada. We were cruising about 120 and Bill came up on our Starboard side. As soon as we were dead even we both accelerated and pulled you. Bill slowed down. Remember? Then when we got to the dock Bill said he wanted to take it easy because his wife was in the boat. But then Albert Hanesworth called Bill over and asked him if he backed down after we pulled away because of his wife being in the boat like he told us or was it the low fuel pressure as was told to Albert earlier. That's when we found out it was both!
So obviously if you are thinking of a boat PP pulled away from you must be mistaken him with the Mercedes boat.

Glad we got to the bottom of that one!

As for the weekend, Thank you!!! We got in too late for the block party but you guys all did a great job. I can't imagine coordinating all of that!
Thanks again for a most memorable weekend!
Your welcome for the poker run festivities... Bill Sr. really works hard to put the whole event together, I was just there to help with whatever part of the weekend I could. Healthy smack talk aside, I really appreciate you coming up for the event. Everyone loves to see your boat and we are appreciative to have you at the run.

As for bickering back and forth with you, I'm done with this.

I know what I saw, and what really happened both times.

Julie did not even come to Islamorada with us ...

I seriously cannot make sense of anything you type. So lets let the video to the talking.

PS ... Whens the next SFT run? We need to get the Lambos together.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Funny thing about a race is you need to finish to win. Nobody ever gave the trophy to the pole sitter.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Obviously you were out late! Your vision must have been a little fuzzy. Hope your throat feels better! Drinking 2 nights in a row can be dangerous, you do stupid things! At least it got you in the boat!

Hopefully you had enough voice left to say

"Bill, he's going by!
Oh well, better luck next year! You almost had it".

Bill needs your support right now.
Be a friend to him.
This is probably going to be a tough week for Bill. His mind is going to mess with him. He is going to wonder if I'm going to put the 1:35 drives back on to get my acceleration back to run away from him at the start like the past or am I going to keep the 1:24 and go with a smaller prop and get him on the top end.
Then he has the worry if Cheif can keep his engines going long enough to finish.

Its eating him that the first time we ran he blew a motor.
than In Islamarada, He lost fuel pressure after he came up on us and we ran away from him. Than there is this weekend that is fuzzy too you.

He probabaly already has his boat back at Chief seeing what they can do to
get what ever ponies are hiding in there, I know he has about 1542 that were there on the dyno.

Since you Bills ear, mention a few things.
I am still waiting to see the other half of the video HE PROMISSED he would show now that we all saw the FIRST HALF!

Obviously like his motors, his video camera dosen't have the capability of making it to the finish!

Bill was given 3 options. His choice.

1. Best time to Bimini and back.

2. Run straight up and down the beach the length of the race course.

3. From the Rickenbacher bridge to Feather bed in biscayne bay.

You can not have a better selection! If has has another idea, I open.

Can't wait to hear what we are going to do! I'm sure he's busy having his boat worked on so I don't want to bother him

I'm already having my boat worked on, I had a new cd changer put in today.

This is silly. Your boat is fast, PP is fast. But lets not stretch the truth, Bill was running 93 octane fuel and had just under 10psi of boost. I know this to be a FACT. If you looked at the engines, you could clearly see what pulley's he had. Nobody tried to hide that fact. Compare those to yours, and you'll notice near 3000rpm compressor speed x2 which is a difference of 5-7psi of boost.

Lets not stretch how much power PP had at the poker vs. what can be made. They can make 1600+ with race gas and more boost, but thats not what was run. So even with less power and lower octane, the boat ran very well.

Thanks,
Dustin
Old 06-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

Doesn't PP have methonal injection also? With 93 octane and methanol that will give you a 110 race gas setup.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.