Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
$5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn! >

$5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!

Notices

$5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default $5000 challange for charity! Hey Pyburn!

Saw the short version of the video. Only the people on your boat and the people on my boat know what happened.

You are convinced your boat is faster. I know different.

You and I are both charitable guys. Lets do this. Next week during the Bimini challange weekend lets set up a straight run for you and I. Under the safest enviornment. Rescue people, patrol for spectors etc. We both put up $5k. Loser donates the money to the charity.

Straight shot. we discuss the distance. Flat water or ocean -your choice.
Dead stop start or paceboat (paceboat has to be other than you or me ).

First one passes the finish is the winner. You break-you lose.

This will be fun! It will be for charity, which we know the childrens charity can use it.

Come and kick my butt under fair conditions!
Old 06-07-2009, 10:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The Gauntlet Has Been Thrown Down...lol

This would be fun to watch...OSO should let people place side bets on the thread, under the same conditions...This would certainly jack up the $$$ for the charity...

If this happens, I'd be in for $50 on Gino if someone wants to take that bet...

(I don't know either one of them, but I think Gino's boat looks cool, and I know the power in it...Bill, post pics of yours?)
Old 06-07-2009, 10:19 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Gino, I heard Bill say you were first to the bridge. I also heard others say he had a big lead.

Breaking is losing and that is what happened. I didn't see anywhere that Bill claimed to be first to the bridge?

But, by all means, set up the charity event. I live close and would LOVE to see it.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
Gino, I heard Bill say you were first to the bridge. I also heard others say he had a big lead.

Breaking is losing and that is what happened. I didn't see anywhere that Bill claimed to be first to the bridge?

But, by all means, set up the charity event. I live close and would LOVE to see it.

Bill said i was first to the bridge but it was due to him breaking.

When something like this happens it creates the "what it" factor". That creates doubt.

I don't want poor Bill lying in bed every night wondering "what if" the belt didn't break?

Last time I ran bill he had a fuel problem.
Time before that he blew a motor.

I Would love to see once and for all what the outcome would be without any mechanical problems and without any issues that create doubt.

Next weekend is going to be a great event, this can add to the fun and excitement while getting the charity another $5k!

Everyone wins! The charity gets $5k and Bill gets to go to bed knowing even if the belt didn't break it still would have been the same outcome.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 PM
No Comment
VIP Member

Location: This post copyright, Packinair Inc. All rights reserved.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just watched the video and the way that boat pulled away from you Gino I figured it must have been taken from Reggies boat. If I was in your guys position I would invite reggie to join the fun and if he won both of you donate and pay for a full page add that he killed your cats.. if one of you win then you get a full unedited version of the heli footage. Come on reggie, shut these pussie cats up once and for all
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by LubeJobs42
Bill said i was first to the bridge but it was due to him breaking.

When something like this happens it creates the "what it" factor". That creates doubt.

I don't want poor Bill lying in bed every night wondering "what if" the belt didn't break?

Last time I ran bill he had a fuel problem.
Time before that he blew a motor.

I Would love to see once and for all what the outcome would be without any mechanical problems and without any issues that create doubt.

Next weekend is going to be a great event, this can add to the fun and excitement while getting the charity another $5k!

Everyone wins! The charity gets $5k and Bill gets to go to bed knowing even if the belt didn't break it still would have been the same outcome.
All valid points Gino.

As I said, I love to see the matchup. I will already be working the race so another evenbt would be cool.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by packinair
just watched the video and the way that boat pulled away from you Gino I figured it must have been taken from Reggies boat. If I was in your guys position I would invite reggie to join the fun and if he won both of you donate and pay for a full page add that he killed your cats.. if one of you win then you get a full unedited version of the heli footage. Come on reggie, shut these pussie cats up once and for all
He did pull away at the start, but where is the rest of the video?
Old 06-08-2009, 12:10 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Look out this could be fun.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

their is always someone faster than both of you...

good cause though...
Old 06-08-2009, 12:24 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by packinair
this just got really good!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.