Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Paging Wild warrior (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210481-paging-wild-warrior.html)

soinc 06-07-2009 08:38 PM

Paging Wild warrior

WW looking too Chat with you... Just got done running with props spinning IN.

Could you PM me your # and A good time to Contact You, Thank In Advance S.K. ( 377 talon)

WildWarrior 06-08-2009 06:59 AM

pm sent!

soinc 06-08-2009 10:18 PM

Thanks

WW thanks for your help 2 day, I did Get a call from "Glass Dave" (great guy), Gained some insight into the prop. rotation, our rig is more stable turning out...Their set up to run @ P1 spec speeds,the biggest prop they run is 30ish pitch, but dose agree this rig is way off in MPH... did some digging and found some other talon owners I'm hopping this leads too more ? answered... I'm begining to think that these 34's where not the props for the boat... Or they were damaged at some point....

what is the weight on your boat again? the boat GD throttles is 10,500 we are 11,400 full fuel 280 gallons!

WildWarrior 06-08-2009 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by soinc (Post 2883914)
WW thanks for your help 2 day, I did Get a call from "Glass Dave" (great guy), Gained some insight into the prop. rotation, our rig is more stable turning out...Their set up to run @ P1 spec speeds,the biggest prop they run is 30ish pitch, but dose agree this rig is way off in MPH... did some digging and found some other talon owners I'm hopping this leads too more ? answered... I'm begining to think that these 34's where not the props for the boat... Or they were damaged at some point....

what is the weight on your boat again? the boat GD throttles is 10,500 we are 11,400 full fuel 280 gallons!

We weigh in pretty close with fuel and passengers ,I believe you are several prop pitch's to small running 34 pitch 4 blades with your power and 1.36 ratio.

We are at around 10 1/2 % slip with 3 1/4" X dimension 1.24 ratio and 36.5 p 16 7/8" diameter labbed 5 blades that we also spin to 6500 rpms.

I have a set of B Blades 36.5 16 3/4" labbed 4 blades that we only ran a few times. They are dead even pitch and cup, maybe a touch light on diameter as my rig likes 17" plus in a 4 blade and will only handle when turning in.

From what you told me today I believe these props may get you into the 140s with out hitting your rev limiter.Your welcome to try em!
Happy dialing !

WildWarrior 06-13-2009 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by soinc (Post 2883914)

let us know how you make out with your set up, I really think its the prop size.
When your get dialed in and you decide you want to run easy mid 150s on 93octane we will hook you up with two Ice Injection Kits at dealer cost as well as the necessary pulleys for your 1471's, jets/,bleeds for your 3 circuit carbs,tune up etc.
The only thing you will need to do different is to pull your egts from 2 holes ,your hottest and coolest , not from your collector which is fine for fuel ratio but not for egts.
Good luck!
Glen

WildWarrior 07-08-2009 11:27 AM

Shawn,
Tried to mail and call you! Hope you didn't melt anything!

10 lbs of boost on pump gas only with your static compression and roots 14-71 is pushing it at least compared to anything we have tested on the water even with toluene added.

Its amazing the difference between dyno #s / tune up and real world in your boat ,water temps , water pressure etc.

We run 10% Toluene @ $2.26 per gallon 55 gallon drums to 93 pump gas then at 8lbs kick in our Meth injection, this season 16 lbs of boost at wot or heavy load.

You really need to pull EGTs from your hottest hole and a cold hole from your header tubes an inch or so from the head not from your collectors.
I'm thinking that your EGTS may be hotter than you think based on our conversation!

Feel free to call the cell, hope all is well with your rig!
Glen