If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    99 fountain 35 lightning

Arrow vaule of my fountain in the year 2004

i need to find out what my 1999 35 fountain lightning w / twin 500 hp 502 efi's was wourth in the spring of 2004. i need a dockument to take to court to prove a loss.

My Boats:
    1990 28 Apache SOLD!, 1990 16 Wahoo DC, 1973 40 Kingscraft
    Mansfield, TX
    I would go to the fountain forum and ask anyone if they had a survey done in 2004 on a fountain like yours.

A good B plan would be to use the value when new and depreciated it based on property tax value rates of your county for business personal property, which is basically using the local county's own method of valuation. Kind of hard to argue

My Boats:
    '06 35 Lightning Merc HP 525's aka The Black Biotch
    Northern NY
    Try contacting NADA, ABOS, etc to see if they could provide the value from their books back then. Also could contact some of the larger dealers that might be able to provide sales info from then, not that far back, might work.

You're in MA. so try East Coast Flightcraft, they're in Middleton, MA. Good guys and might be able to help you.
    Last edited by RaggedEdge; 06-11-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Charter Mod Charter Member BLee's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette - "90MPH" Edition
    E Dock
    I  Voted
    I'd call Shogren Marine and ask them what the MSRP was.

My Boats:
    38 Donzi ZRC, 29 Advantage XFlight
    Indianapolis, Lake Cumberland, Cape Coral, FL
    If this helps, in Aug of 2003 I paid $135K for an immaculate 1999 35 EX with hp 500's on an eagle trailer with about 60 hours on it. It was later that fall/winter that Reggie came out with his aggressive pricing on the new models and the floor dropped out of the mkt for the used fountains.

By the following spring of 2004 the value of a 1999 35 ex had fallen to the $120K area tops, depending on condition of course.
    The Beak be gone

Commercial Member Commercial Member cdowns's Avatar
    In 2004 NADA book value on a 1999 35 lighting.Used trade in was 83,800 Average retail was 99,750 High retail was 112,700

Mod Squad Enforcer Charter Member Cash Bar's Avatar
    My Boats:
    2009 Skater 3212-- MAD PROPS
    On the way to a PR near you
    Thanks cd, I knew you clould help the guy out.
    Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.