If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Boats:
    2015 MTI 48

GTO's RULE!!

I. too am pissed about the F-bodies being dropped! Insurance can and eventually will kill all our fun! I. too had a 66 GTO, what a great car! Couldn't keep rear tires on it though. I now am building an 1100 hp, 14-71 blown Pro street 65 GTO with a Lenco 5 speed and 17" wide rear tires. hehe It will be a street car with A/C!! Can't wait to see what the local cops will think Can you say TICKET!

I do agree, find another name, that thing will never be a GTO.

I had a 64 gto in the 80's when I was in highschool. The car had a 389, "Tri-power", and a 4 speed. Man I wish I still had that car, it was one of the fastest at my school. The car turned high 12's in the 1/4 with street tires and 60,000 miles on the motor (stock). With some better traction it would have done better. My buddy had a 440 Roadrunner that I would easily smoke. One badass car!!

Mentor , Ohio

GeeteeOOOOOOOO !!!!

About 3/4 done with a '65 GTO ragtop...all correct codes ect... should be on the road by 4th of July ?????

Will be interesting to see this new one ?????

My Boats:
    Niagara River & Eastern Lake Erie
    Looks like Cavalier! Too small for me. Wonder what platform?

speel chekk this fokker! Charter Member puder's Avatar
    My Boats:
    27' Scarab
    Locust Valley, New York
    my dad had a 66 GTO when he wa s kid and my brother bought a 68 a few years back (sold it because it didn't run right and he doesn't know **** about cars)

Honestly I rather liek eth concept images. Looks mor elieka european car. BUT it doesn't look like a GTO.

I think it looks good and woudl stand on its own without being called a GTO.

As for being teh offspring of a true muscle car. It will fall short and be a hack job just like the new impala...
    Pardon me, while I whip this out!

Platinum Member Charter Member
    My Boats:
    so. WI
    I've had a '65 Tri-Power convertible, 69 Judge with Ram-Air IV, and now have a '69 convertible- there is no way the new ones could compete with the old.

Allergic to Nonsense Platinum Member T2x's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1966 !8' Switzer Wing "Miss Diablo" 1968 Switzer Wing "Dust'n the Wind 2",, 1960 Powercat 15C , 1977 17' Molinari w/Evinrude CCC
    Granite Quarry, NC
    When God created cars....He had the 65 GTO convertible in mind.

When the devil seeks revenge he gives you something created by Pontiac's "stylists" in the last 20+ years. What have they been sniffing at Pontiac since the 70's??????? Each car is uglier than the one before.....The Aztec looks like the box the parts came in.

If this thing is anything like the Holdens over in Australia they will be AWSOME a little gas and these things should be good for low 12 to 10 sec runs, depending on how much gas and other bolt ons you throw at the car....

I agree that the Pontiacs are getting uglier, especially the Aztec,
    but the news of the GTO coming back just brings back old memories of my '66 and cruising down Bellflower Blvd, Tweety, Sunset Blvd and Harvey's Broiler in my home town of Downey. I could not imagine cruising in one of these ugly beasts they make today.

My Boats:
    babylon,NY 11702-4116
    HOPE ITS A 65 with a 540 and 4speed tripps

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast