Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Skater vs Mti (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210923-skater-vs-mti.html)

maxonmike 01-06-2010 07:50 PM

Sounds like a Mean Machine... I'm Jealous..... I Have a 2006 Nortech cat with Merc 850"S... It's a nice boat but its a lot heaver and not as fast as your ride... I have seen 133 and could only imagine 30 MPH faster....:eekdrop: WOW!!! I know top speed is not the only fun part about driving a cat... I think the acceleration is where you really get the thrill... Sounds like your boat is a rocket ship and must accelerate really nice.... Thanks for sharing about your Bad Ass Skater.....:Score-101010:

Joe 01-06-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by maxonmike (Post 3018859)
Sounds like a Mean Machine... I'm Jealous..... I Have a 2006 Nortech cat with Merc 850"S... It's a nice boat but its a lot heaver and not as fast as your ride... I have seen 133 and could only imagine 30 MPH faster....:eekdrop: WOW!!! I know top speed is not the only fun part about driving a cat... I think the acceleration is where you really get the thrill... Sounds like your boat is a rocket ship and must accelerate really nice.... Thanks for sharing about your Bad Ass Skater.....:Score-101010:

thanks for the compliment. someone i know had a 36 norteck w/ 850 and liked it quite a bit. traded for a vhull and i hear is questioning it. his only complaint was the small cockpit, which they seem to have fixed w/ the roadster.

yeah, mine is pretty cool, and i feel lucky to have it. however, in the skater nation, you get humbled quickly (and often). lol......

joe

The Wizard 01-07-2010 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by maxonmike (Post 3018859)

Hi Mike...

I think if your looking to get some more MPH out of your Nor-Tech, you can play with spacers on your #6's and loosen the boat up a bit. I did it with my 36 with 1150's...

Anyway dont want to change the subject of this thread...

Carry on...

:drink:z

Detail Toyz 01-07-2010 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 3018102)
Ran a 46 skater in the 190's ...don't need to do it again

What no want to go any faster Bill??:drink:

RICKY PEREZ 01-07-2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Detail Toyz (Post 3019436)
What no want to go any faster Bill??:drink:

If you ever get to go that fast you will under stand why !! 180 mph you are covering 3 miles of territory per minute.

Detail Toyz 01-08-2010 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by RICKY PEREZ (Post 3019502)
If you ever get to go that fast you will under stand why !! 180 mph you are covering 3 miles of territory per minute.

I was just givin him sh!t not really callin him out seriously what so ever.

frankenstein 01-08-2010 10:31 PM

Lets go another route. How many 150 mph + Skaters out there? How many 150 mph + MTI's out there? Race, pleasure doesn't matter. Not potential speed or "my boat could go such and such". Actual " Been there done that " speed only