Notices

Skater vs Mti

Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a Mean Machine... I'm Jealous..... I Have a 2006 Nortech cat with Merc 850"S... It's a nice boat but its a lot heaver and not as fast as your ride... I have seen 133 and could only imagine 30 MPH faster.... WOW!!! I know top speed is not the only fun part about driving a cat... I think the acceleration is where you really get the thrill... Sounds like your boat is a rocket ship and must accelerate really nice.... Thanks for sharing about your Bad Ass Skater.....
Old 01-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Joe
Offshore Cowboy
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by maxonmike
Sounds like a Mean Machine... I'm Jealous..... I Have a 2006 Nortech cat with Merc 850"S... It's a nice boat but its a lot heaver and not as fast as your ride... I have seen 133 and could only imagine 30 MPH faster.... WOW!!! I know top speed is not the only fun part about driving a cat... I think the acceleration is where you really get the thrill... Sounds like your boat is a rocket ship and must accelerate really nice.... Thanks for sharing about your Bad Ass Skater.....
thanks for the compliment. someone i know had a 36 norteck w/ 850 and liked it quite a bit. traded for a vhull and i hear is questioning it. his only complaint was the small cockpit, which they seem to have fixed w/ the roadster.

yeah, mine is pretty cool, and i feel lucky to have it. however, in the skater nation, you get humbled quickly (and often). lol......

joe
Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxonmike
Hi Mike...

I think if your looking to get some more MPH out of your Nor-Tech, you can play with spacers on your #6's and loosen the boat up a bit. I did it with my 36 with 1150's...

Anyway dont want to change the subject of this thread...

Carry on...

z
Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GATORONE
Ran a 46 skater in the 190's ...don't need to do it again
What no want to go any faster Bill??
Old 01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Detail Toyz
What no want to go any faster Bill??
If you ever get to go that fast you will under stand why !! 180 mph you are covering 3 miles of territory per minute.
Old 01-08-2010, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RICKY PEREZ
If you ever get to go that fast you will under stand why !! 180 mph you are covering 3 miles of territory per minute.
I was just givin him sh!t not really callin him out seriously what so ever.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Lets go another route. How many 150 mph + Skaters out there? How many 150 mph + MTI's out there? Race, pleasure doesn't matter. Not potential speed or "my boat could go such and such". Actual " Been there done that " speed only