Notices

Boater31, Savannah Marina

Old 03-28-2002, 07:09 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boater31, Savannah Marina

Boater31, just wanted your opinion on Palmer Johnson Marina, we have a slip reserved for the July 4th race.

Thanks Jan
Attached Thumbnails Boater31, Savannah Marina-pq26_02.jpg  
Old 03-28-2002, 08:14 AM
boater31

Jan: Palmer Johnson is a transient marina mostly as they also have a shipyard there. i dont know what type of fuel they sell octane wise . did you see my post about the poker run on friday? i talked to brad about it and he is interested. are you coming w/ his group? i am putting a package together for all those interested i will have some good pricing on hotels and dockage as well as a cut price on fuel. call me at 912-313-8686. thanks...Russ

Old 03-28-2002, 08:41 AM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

We have had rooms at the Days Inn Historic District for a couple months. I am not sure what days Brad and Ken/Cathy are coming. We will be there early Friday and leaving Monday. My wife and I will be with Curt and Martha Owens on his 32 Fountain. What marina due you recommend. We may be interested in a Poker Run as long as it does not overlap any racing.
Jan
Old 03-28-2002, 09:28 AM
boater31

i would recommend using hogans marina. it is where i keep mine and the service is good and the carry 93 octane. that is where we will have the pricing deal set up for you guys coming to town. although if we get a big enough crowd we can spill over to a cpl of others. i am meeting with them and a sponsor hotel today for more details. i will tell you the hotel i am talking to has rooms blocked for me that overlook the river and are adjacent to the pit area. we may also have a deal worked out with them for dockage!!!

Old 03-28-2002, 09:28 AM
Registered

Jan,
Kenneth and I will also be there Friday AM but we will be leaving Sunday PM. Jeff & Ann are planning on leaving Friday AM, also. Are we planning to meet and follow each other there like we do on the trips to Charleston? I think that would be a good idea especially since we're all staying at the came place. Let me know what ya think!

Cat
Old 03-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Jan
Member "69" Charter #70
Charter Member

Thanks, Boater31
Let us know when you get the room rate for your hotel. If it is reasonable I'll have no problem switching hotels. The rate we have at the Day's Inn is $65, not to bad for a block or two walk.

Cathy I agree we should all pull the boats down together. If not for anything but the looks we get pulling into rest areas and gas stations.

Jan
Attached Thumbnails Boater31, Savannah Marina-26p.jpg