Thanks Bill
Old 06-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
(208MPH)
Dean
Dean the record is 209.

Mystic is top gun turbine or piston powered last what 4 years and 5 out of the last 6?

Not sure anyone can step up and knock them off the podium!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
mmmmmmmm SEXXXY Cats ????
MEEEEOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thats my style right there.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
She made the indicators pop up!!
and motors rev !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
Dean the record is 209.

Mystic is top gun turbine or piston powered last what 4 years and 5 out of the last 6?

Not sure anyone can step up and knock them off the podium!
VB,
Thanks, I had a brain fart on that one, and I agree with your assessment. I just don't know if any of the Mystics are coming this year, other than Dave Scott's Mystic, which is VERY FAST! And if he runs, I think Dave will be tough to be, just like he is every year!
Dean
Old 06-16-2009, 08:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow
I do not think a one mile drag race in flat water really proves who has the better hull. LOTO shootout is a blast but it is a drag race in every sense. Small props, gears, crank up the boost and spin the engines to the moon. I plan to be there but will not be setup for a drag race that is needed to win. Many people do not realize how much faster many boats are capable of that run the shootout. It takes miles to really hang a big offshore boat out to it's potential top speed.
What would be the standard or scale to measure the performance of one hull against another?

If you run the shoot-out power for power and hull against hull. One accelerates and runs faster then the other, I would think you could use that same hull efficiency to out mph the other hull on a several mile run.

Running in the bump, I have always thought it was hard to judge which hull is better. If one boat is running 150mph,the other boat is running 140mph and the water dictates 90mph. I'm pretty sure both boats are going to run 90mph. The big difference in rough water is the crew with their experience and chemistry with each other and knowledge of their boat.

I would love to see a magazine take this challenge on and do a performance trial. One hull against the other with same exact power. Run one boat, pull the motors,install them in the other boat and run that one. I would love to see the results on that one.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM
KiloKat
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ALVIN
Running in the bump, I have always thought it was hard to judge which hull is better. If one boat is running 150mph,the other boat is running 140mph and the water dictates 90mph. I'm pretty sure both boats are going to run 90mph.
True - big water is the great equalizer when it come to offshore racing. However, IMHO, the best hull will dominate in both conditions assuming all other test parameters are the same.
I would like to see a 50' Mystic, a 46' Skater, a 55' MTI and a 50' Nortech cat tested in the rough with identical power, setup & crew. I know which one I'd put my money on
Old 06-16-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by KiloKat
True - big water is the great equalizer when it come to offshore racing. However, IMHO, the best hull will dominate in both conditions assuming all other test parameters are the same.
I would like to see a 50' Mystic, a 46' Skater, a 55' MTI and a 50' Nortech cat tested in the rough with identical power, setup & crew. I know which one I'd put my money on
Once again, your thinking beyond my mental capacity. I was thinking on a much smaller scale. 36mti,36 skater,39mti, 38skater,40mti and 40 skater. With equal power 525's or 850's.

Since you brought up the real BIG BOY catergory, I'm sure other people would love to see it too and bet on it. I know I would like to. See it that is.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KiloKat
KiloKat
Can the cats handle rough seas?
Ed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4jDxdO1Jx0
Old 06-16-2009, 09:37 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALVIN
Once again, your thinking beyond my mental capacity. I was thinking on a much smaller scale. 36mti,36 skater,39mti, 38skater,40mti and 40 skater. With equal power 525's or 850's.

Since you brought up the real BIG BOY catergory, I'm sure other people would love to see it too and bet on it. I know I would like to. See it that is.
I know the 850 answer, and it's not a MTI or Skater.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.