MTI / SKATER Battle Royal LOTO SHOOTOUT

Notices

MTI / SKATER Battle Royal LOTO SHOOTOUT

Old 06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
As far as I know, Kemosabe hasn't been raced in, or for a full season ever, has it? It is definitely the baddest 47 Apache in popularity by far, it's supposed to be the fastest/best handling that Apache ever built, but it's not as fast as todays fastest offshore cats.

Then why does this happen? Because I think we both know Kemosabe would go right through that water.

Last edited by Comanche3Six; 03-10-2013 at 04:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To me it looks like they are heading back to the rough stuff?
Old 06-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Then why does this happen? Because I think we both know Kemosabe would go right through that water.

Of course, but by that logic there are tons of boats that could go through that water if we're just speculating, since Kemosabe isn't even there......?

Kemosabe/Apaches are not these mythical, supernatural boats, that are immune to technological advances and better designs. They are in some cases beautiful, classic boats, that have a timeless "look" that may never be improved on, but there are most definitely faster boats in ANY conditions out there today.

I'd rather have a sweet Apache that some of them, but that's just for personal reasons.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BLee
Of course, but by that logic there are tons of boats that could go through that water if we're just speculating, since Kemosabe isn't even there......?

Kemosabe/Apaches are not these mythical, supernatural boats, that are immune to technological advances and better designs. They are in some cases beautiful, classic boats, that have a timeless "look" that may never be improved on, but there are most definitely faster boats in ANY conditions out there today.

I'd rather have a sweet Apache that some of them, but that's just for personal reasons.
Ok, enough of the magical race only water. If one of you cat guy's go by Kemosabe in 6' to 8's let's hear about it.
Thanks, Good night
Ed
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

Isn't "Kemosabe" Tanto's name for the Lone Ranger? Why is the baddest boat the "tribe" ever built named after a white cowboy?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
I know the 850 answer, and it's not a MTI or Skater.
Wrong
Old 06-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
That was a great day for my 46 Skater!! I was one of only 5 boats that made the entire run out of 65 boats. The other guys wussed out and did not want to go. Cant speak for them. Kemosabe type boats ruled the seas until about 1994 when the 46 skaters hit the waters and since then additional big cat have come out as well. I had the honor of buying at a charity action at the Bimini race some of Richie Powers race Jackets and a beautiful Picture of his 1992 / 1993 SBR World Superboat Champion APACHE HERITAGE!! They kick everybody's AZZ back then with a Bad AZZ APACHE!!! And Richie Powers is one heck of a nice guy!! If you read this MR Powers thanks for donating some of your personal race history for charity. I will display them with pride!! Jim Lee
Old 06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
That was a great day for my 46 Skater!! I was one of only 5 boats that made the entire run. The other guys wussed out and did not want to go. Cant speak for them. Kemosabe type boats ruled the seas until about 1994 when the 46 skaters hit the waters and since then additional big cat have come out as well. I had the honor of buying at a charity action at the Bimini race some of Richie Powers race Jackets and a beautiful Picture of his 1992 / 1993 SBR World Superboat Champion APACHE HERITAGE!! They kick everybody's AZZ back then with a Bad AZZ APACHE!!! And Richie Powers is one heck of a nice guy!! If you read this MR Powers thanks for donating some of your personal race history for charity. I will display them with pride!! Jim Lee
Jim you might have to go Indian hunting.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
Isn't "Kemosabe" Tanto's name for the Lone Ranger? Why is the baddest boat the "tribe" ever built named after a white cowboy?
Thats funny!!!Whitte cowboy

A Comanche guy wanting a an Apache guys boat to race a cat in rough water on a MTI vs Skater thread

I love this sport!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
That was a great day for my 46 Skater!! I was one of only 5 boats that made the entire run out of 65 boats. The other guys wussed out and did not want to go. Cant speak for them. Kemosabe type boats ruled the seas until about 1994 when the 46 skaters hit the waters and since then additional big cat have come out as well. I had the honor of buying at a charity action at the Bimini race some of Richie Powers race Jackets and a beautiful Picture of his 1992 / 1993 SBR World Superboat Champion APACHE HERITAGE!! They kick everybody's AZZ back then with a Bad AZZ APACHE!!! And Richie Powers is one heck of a nice guy!! If you read this MR Powers thanks for donating some of your personal race history for charity. I will display them with pride!! Jim Lee
Congrats to you and Skater!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.