Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MTI / SKATER Battle Royal LOTO SHOOTOUT (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/210996-mti-skater-battle-royal-loto-shootout.html)

thumper038 06-15-2009 12:39 PM

MTI / SKATER Battle Royal LOTO SHOOTOUT

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY One day only ( well its two days but thats not how it went ) see the much talked about battle for top dog once and for all. The Race your kids grandkids will tell for EVER:coolcowboy:

Um Well it would be great for me I only live 6 miles away:evilb: I will go back to work now:bigbird::signs069::crazy:

Brad Zastrow 06-15-2009 01:12 PM

I do not think a one mile drag race in flat water really proves who has the better hull. LOTO shootout is a blast but it is a drag race in every sense. Small props, gears, crank up the boost and spin the engines to the moon. I plan to be there but will not be setup for a drag race that is needed to win. Many people do not realize how much faster many boats are capable of that run the shootout. It takes miles to really hang a big offshore boat out to it's potential top speed.

thumper038 06-15-2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 2888633)
I do not think a one mile drag race in flat water really proves who has the better hull. LOTO shootout is a blast but it is a drag race in every sense. Small props, gears, crank up the boost and spin the engines to the moon. I plan to be there but will not be setup for a drag race that is needed to win. Many people do not realize how much faster many boats are capable of that run the shootout. It takes miles to really hang a big offshore boat out to it's potential top speed.

Hey Brad, I know just having fun on a rainy day here :cool:
I just wanna see more boats here:cool-smiley-011:
I have 1:24 Gear:eek:s
ITS JUST CLOSE TO MY HOUSE IS ALL.:evilb:
Some day I will travel like you big dogs:drink:
Stop by when down BBQ at my house you can park the MTI at my nextdoor neibors house. Just kidding:lolhit:
All in good fun I like all boats that run:bigbird:
All kidding aside if you need anything when you are down here you have my number.
Jim

johnlomant 06-15-2009 02:59 PM

Skaters and MTI's are both badass and neither one has to be better than the other. I would die for either one of those.

Keytime 06-15-2009 03:23 PM

The Shootout is what it is. If you go the fastest, you still have something to brag about. Can't beat a true offshore race to separate the men from the boys, but it's all in good fun and competition.
:drink:

Dean Ferry 06-15-2009 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Brad Zastrow (Post 2888633)

Brad,
Agree, except when it comes to the Mystic turbine boats, which I don't know if any of them are coming this year. They can obviously spool up much quicker, because of the turbines and the power behind them to reach the speeds they do, (208MPH):drink: and still do it in the mile run. Going to Bimini and back in 43 minutes and change kinda tells the tale also.

BTW, your new project boat is really cool!:ernaehrung004:

Dean

Jassman 06-15-2009 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by johnlomant (Post 2888717)
Skaters and MTI's are both badass but the Nor-techs are so sexy:grinser010:..and neither of the three has to be better than the other. I would die for any one of those.

I have to agree with you..:drink:

thumper038 06-15-2009 04:33 PM

Um, I look back at Johns post where did the sexy:kiss: cats come from:eek:
Nobody has to die its a boat:eek:

RunninHotRacing163.1 06-15-2009 04:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by thumper038 (Post 2888789)
Um, I look back at Johns post where did the sexy:kiss: cats come from:eek:
Nobody has to die its a boat:eek:

mmmmmmmm SEXXXY:kiss: Cats ????:eek:
MEEEEOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hitit::ernaehrung004:

jeff1000man 06-15-2009 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158 (Post 2888808)
mmmmmmmm SEXXXY:kiss: Cats ????:eek:
MEEEEOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hitit::ernaehrung004:

She made the indicators pop up!! :kiss: