Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Who designed the new Motion cats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/211145-who-designed-new-motion-cats.html)

Miller 06-16-2009 10:56 PM

Who designed the new Motion cats?

Who designed the new 39SS and the new 43GT cats from Motion? Are they modifications of an existing design or are they completely new designs done in-house at Motion?

Anyone know how they've performed?

OL40SVX 06-16-2009 10:58 PM

Completely new desigins by Motion to my understanding. Been in the works for a couple years now and they have been worth the wait!

Miller 06-17-2009 06:56 AM

Thanks. Any word on how they've performed?

OL40SVX 06-17-2009 07:41 AM

Very well from what Im hearing!!!

OkieTunnel 06-17-2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Miller (Post 2890269)
Thanks. Any word on how they've performed?

The 43 was the second fastest piston boat in the Bimini run. I'd say they run pretty well. I guess the Nortechs and Skaters behind them would say the same thing! :evilb:

1st boat was an MTI.

Miller 06-17-2009 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel (Post 2890372)
The 43 was the second fastest piston boat in the Bimini run. I'd say they run pretty well. I guess the Nortechs and Skaters behind them would say the same thing! :evilb:

1st boat was an MTI.

I thought Loose Cannon, a 36 Nortech was 2nd behind JT in the MTI?

Brad Zastrow 06-17-2009 11:00 AM

The Motion was second (piston). The results are posted on OSO somewhere.

BlakeandBrock 06-17-2009 11:06 AM

Any photos?

flash-MAN 06-17-2009 11:21 AM

The MOTION 43 GT Project was actually started over 2 years ago. MOTION marine was purchased by Manny Roman in 2004 and he decided to change the entire look of the new MOTIONS !
Bob Larson DESIGNS was contracted to develop a new concept design for the 40 MOTION . Manny Roman with 20 years in the boat building business started to question Larry Goldman from Xtremepowerboats.com /Extreme marine about the needs of the poker -Runners of today . Manny wanted to design a boat with alot of lines that looked racey and fast .He also wanted to have some cabin & head areas for the poker runners too .
Bob Larson completed the design and the molds were completed later by Marine Concepts ,Cape Coral,FL.
Richie Powers also had a large presence and assisted in the overall production of the new MOTION 43 GT.
Finally the 1st.boat was rigged by TnT marine to complete the project .This boat was only run a few times since it was completed .There is still alot of dialing in left ,and soon to be completed. :eek:

FREEDOM US1 06-17-2009 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by flash-MAN (Post 2890528)
The MOTION 43 GT Project was actually started over 2 years ago. MOTION marine was purchased by Manny Roman in 2004 and he decided to change the entire look of the new MOTIONS !
Bob Larson DESIGNS was contracted to develop a new concept design for the 40 MOTION . Manny Roman with 20 years in the boat building business started to question Larry Goldman from Xtremepowerboats.com /Extreme marine about the needs of the poker -Runners of today . Manny wanted to design a boat with alot of lines that looked racey and fast .He also wanted to have some cabin & head areas for the poker runners too .
Bob Larson completed the design and the molds were completed later by Marine Concepts ,Cape Coral,FL.
Richie Powers also had a large presence and assisted in the overall production of the new MOTION 43 GT.
Finally the 1st.boat was rigged by TnT marine to complete the project .This boat was only run a few times since it was completed .There is still alot of dialing in left ,and soon to be completed. :eek:

Very well running hull with a good attitude at all speeds with eight people on board!! I was impressed!!