Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Who designed the new Motion cats? >

Who designed the new Motion cats?

Notices

Who designed the new Motion cats?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who designed the new Motion cats?

Who designed the new 39SS and the new 43GT cats from Motion? Are they modifications of an existing design or are they completely new designs done in-house at Motion?

Anyone know how they've performed?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Completely new desigins by Motion to my understanding. Been in the works for a couple years now and they have been worth the wait!
Old 06-17-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered

Thanks. Any word on how they've performed?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Very well from what Im hearing!!!
Old 06-17-2009, 08:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Miller
Thanks. Any word on how they've performed?
The 43 was the second fastest piston boat in the Bimini run. I'd say they run pretty well. I guess the Nortechs and Skaters behind them would say the same thing!

1st boat was an MTI.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
The 43 was the second fastest piston boat in the Bimini run. I'd say they run pretty well. I guess the Nortechs and Skaters behind them would say the same thing!

1st boat was an MTI.
I thought Loose Cannon, a 36 Nortech was 2nd behind JT in the MTI?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 23 Posts

The Motion was second (piston). The results are posted on OSO somewhere.
Old 06-17-2009, 11:06 AM
Registered

Any photos?
Old 06-17-2009, 11:21 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

The MOTION 43 GT Project was actually started over 2 years ago. MOTION marine was purchased by Manny Roman in 2004 and he decided to change the entire look of the new MOTIONS !
Bob Larson DESIGNS was contracted to develop a new concept design for the 40 MOTION . Manny Roman with 20 years in the boat building business started to question Larry Goldman from Xtremepowerboats.com /Extreme marine about the needs of the poker -Runners of today . Manny wanted to design a boat with alot of lines that looked racey and fast .He also wanted to have some cabin & head areas for the poker runners too .
Bob Larson completed the design and the molds were completed later by Marine Concepts ,Cape Coral,FL.
Richie Powers also had a large presence and assisted in the overall production of the new MOTION 43 GT.
Finally the 1st.boat was rigged by TnT marine to complete the project .This boat was only run a few times since it was completed .There is still alot of dialing in left ,and soon to be completed.

Last edited by flash-MAN; 06-17-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flash-MAN
The MOTION 43 GT Project was actually started over 2 years ago. MOTION marine was purchased by Manny Roman in 2004 and he decided to change the entire look of the new MOTIONS !
Bob Larson DESIGNS was contracted to develop a new concept design for the 40 MOTION . Manny Roman with 20 years in the boat building business started to question Larry Goldman from Xtremepowerboats.com /Extreme marine about the needs of the poker -Runners of today . Manny wanted to design a boat with alot of lines that looked racey and fast .He also wanted to have some cabin & head areas for the poker runners too .
Bob Larson completed the design and the molds were completed later by Marine Concepts ,Cape Coral,FL.
Richie Powers also had a large presence and assisted in the overall production of the new MOTION 43 GT.
Finally the 1st.boat was rigged by TnT marine to complete the project .This boat was only run a few times since it was completed .There is still alot of dialing in left ,and soon to be completed.
Very well running hull with a good attitude at all speeds with eight people on board!! I was impressed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.