If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    My Boats:
    Rochester, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselmatt1 View Post
    k for everone helping me out here is what i learned after a test ride..
    i owned a 1998 baja 25 outlaw last year.- sold
    took this 1998 fountain 29 with twin 454 105 hours on it.
    my feelings on the fountain quality was top notch,
    k planes, hyd, sterring, indicators, nice things my baja didnt have. but im 5'11 and sitting in the seat my knees where almost bashing the dash. the whole cabin and the v birth was alot smaller than my 25 outlaw, my wife did not like this boat at all- she said it was just way to small compared to the outlaw.
    the boat was on plane within seconds. and drove nice alot nicer than the outlaw, but it was alot heavier.
    my desecion is in the air and my wife says no way.
    You should look at my 32' Hustler(aprox 34' OAL with tube platform). It's listed on The Hustler has top quality build and proven hull design. I run the boat on Lake Ontario, and it will easily handle the water when rough. Good size cabin, and deep cockpit. Nicest 32' on the market. Just turn the key and go!!!

My Boats:
    50 MPH Tooner
    Northern, KY (Cincinnati) Lake St Clair, MI Norris Lake, TN
    I went from a 23' Rinker bowrider to a 1998 Fountain 29Fever single 500HP. It took some time learning how to calm the walking once in the 70 MPH plus range. Beak or not, a 29' single engine boat still a lot to maneuver in wind/current.

I then went to 1999 Baja 302. Absolutley loved that boat.

My Boats:
    '05 Baja 245
    ATL, GA
    You 29 guys - does this top speed seem correct:

Seems 83 for a 29 with a 600 is a bit slow. I thought the 525 ran 82.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345