Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I predict a 36 Skater to be first to the bridge in NYC this weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/211238-i-predict-36-skater-first-bridge-nyc-weekend.html)

Timeless61 06-20-2009 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by newfountainguy (Post 2893055)
i'll go with that. if he ran he could have been "that Boat".

its over now, but it didn't go well for that boat last year with maxed out a skater or with gino and the mercedes mti

frankenstein 06-21-2009 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by VINNY R (Post 2891427)
Thanks OZZ you the man:) we are going to run nice & easy??????

Well sorta kinda ish Way to go Finster Kick ass like usual

2 fast 4 you 06-21-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry (Post 2892854)
It's piss poor planning that the NYC and 1000 islands poker runs are on the same weekend!:lolhit:
Just think if all the 1000 islands poker runners were in NYC right now, how much bigger the poker run would be, and vise versa.:eek:
Plus, I bet another boat would be the 1st boat to the bridge!!:drink:
Dean

It was the Alexandria Bay Poker Run this past weekend not the 1000 Islands Poker Run.....that one is on August 8th. I only counted about 20 boats or so that made it halfway through the run. And yes you definately are right, there would have been another boat first to the bridge. "My Way" has run mid 180's and "Team Aqua Mania" ran 204 apparently in A-Bay.

2 fast 4 you 06-21-2009 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by GATORONE (Post 2893004)
1350 hp

Gatorone, will you be coming up to the 1000 Islands Poker Run in August?....I hear you have a pretty quick boat. :drink:

Panther 06-21-2009 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you (Post 2893509)
And yes you definately are right, there would have been another boat first to the bridge. "My Way" has run mid 180's and "Team Aqua Mania" ran 204 apparently in A-Bay.

For what it's worth, NYC has been the same weekend (fathers day) for as long as it's been running.....

Sean H 06-21-2009 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2892989)
After the run they were running the raw copter and on-board footage on the TV.

It was pretty cool for all of us to watch the raw footage right away!

Tell ya what, the Statement is one badazz boat!!! They offered me a ride on Friday but I turned it down and figured some paying customers ought to check it out instead of me. But everyone that came back after the ride said it was one of the best rides they had!

In all fairness to the MTI, I was told they had the engines set on low boost.

Mike (owner/driver of the MTI) probably wasn't all to worried about "getting the business" from anybody, he has very little seat time in that boat (or any cat at those speeds), so I think you will see that boat just out for fun and not worry about who was the fastest (hence why the engines are turned down).

GATORONE 06-21-2009 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you (Post 2893512)
Gatorone, will you be coming up to the 1000 Islands Poker Run in August?....I hear you have a pretty quick boat. :drink:

No, been three times....poker run the following couple of weeks

OL40SVX 06-21-2009 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H (Post 2893681)
Mike (owner/driver of the MTI) probably wasn't all to worried about "getting the business" from anybody, he has very little seat time in that boat (or any cat at those speeds), so I think you will see that boat just out for fun and not worry about who was the fastest (hence why the engines are turned down).

Also he had is young son onboard as well. From what I saw on the video if the MTI wanted to run with the Skater it did and if it wanted to be first to the bridge im sure JT could have made that happen. They were just out there for a cruise. Also the top speed of the Skater that I was was like 155 or so in the video. The 168 was on the left of the GPS for fastest recorded speed. No doubt the Skater is fast but if the MTI wanted to run I believe it would have been in front. Congrats to Joey and Dr. Bill on running great!

spilman 06-21-2009 09:07 PM

In 05' we did the NY run and the Alex Bay run the following weekend; so they have not always been on the same weekend...

stainless 06-21-2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 2893704)
Also he had is young son onboard as well. From what I saw on the video if the MTI wanted to run with the Skater it did and if it wanted to be first to the bridge im sure JT could have made that happen. They were just out there for a cruise. Also the top speed of the Skater that I was was like 155 or so in the video. The 168 was on the left of the GPS for fastest recorded speed. No doubt the Skater is fast but if the MTI wanted to run I believe it would have been in front. Congrats to Joey and Dr. Bill on running great!

I heard from someone in the boat that they were 155+ for over 12 miles , and they were having fun playing with johnny and the mti. When they wanted more speed they bumped up the trim and it was up to 162 for the run. 168 was while testing in the great south bay.