I predict a 36 Skater to be first to the bridge in NYC this weekend >

I predict a 36 Skater to be first to the bridge in NYC this weekend

Notices

I predict a 36 Skater to be first to the bridge in NYC this weekend

Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by newfountainguy
i'll go with that. if he ran he could have been "that Boat".
its over now, but it didn't go well for that boat last year with maxed out a skater or with gino and the mercedes mti
Old 06-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by VINNY R
Thanks OZZ you the man we are going to run nice & easy??????
Well sorta kinda ish Way to go Finster Kick ass like usual

Last edited by frankenstein; 06-21-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
It's piss poor planning that the NYC and 1000 islands poker runs are on the same weekend!
Just think if all the 1000 islands poker runners were in NYC right now, how much bigger the poker run would be, and vise versa.
Plus, I bet another boat would be the 1st boat to the bridge!!
Dean
It was the Alexandria Bay Poker Run this past weekend not the 1000 Islands Poker Run.....that one is on August 8th. I only counted about 20 boats or so that made it halfway through the run. And yes you definately are right, there would have been another boat first to the bridge. "My Way" has run mid 180's and "Team Aqua Mania" ran 204 apparently in A-Bay.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GATORONE
1350 hp
Gatorone, will you be coming up to the 1000 Islands Poker Run in August?....I hear you have a pretty quick boat.
Old 06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you
And yes you definately are right, there would have been another boat first to the bridge. "My Way" has run mid 180's and "Team Aqua Mania" ran 204 apparently in A-Bay.
For what it's worth, NYC has been the same weekend (fathers day) for as long as it's been running.....
Old 06-21-2009, 08:39 PM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Panther
After the run they were running the raw copter and on-board footage on the TV.

It was pretty cool for all of us to watch the raw footage right away!

Tell ya what, the Statement is one badazz boat!!! They offered me a ride on Friday but I turned it down and figured some paying customers ought to check it out instead of me. But everyone that came back after the ride said it was one of the best rides they had!

In all fairness to the MTI, I was told they had the engines set on low boost.
Mike (owner/driver of the MTI) probably wasn't all to worried about "getting the business" from anybody, he has very little seat time in that boat (or any cat at those speeds), so I think you will see that boat just out for fun and not worry about who was the fastest (hence why the engines are turned down).
Old 06-21-2009, 08:56 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2 fast 4 you
Gatorone, will you be coming up to the 1000 Islands Poker Run in August?....I hear you have a pretty quick boat.

No, been three times....poker run the following couple of weeks
Old 06-21-2009, 09:03 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean H
Mike (owner/driver of the MTI) probably wasn't all to worried about "getting the business" from anybody, he has very little seat time in that boat (or any cat at those speeds), so I think you will see that boat just out for fun and not worry about who was the fastest (hence why the engines are turned down).
Also he had is young son onboard as well. From what I saw on the video if the MTI wanted to run with the Skater it did and if it wanted to be first to the bridge im sure JT could have made that happen. They were just out there for a cruise. Also the top speed of the Skater that I was was like 155 or so in the video. The 168 was on the left of the GPS for fastest recorded speed. No doubt the Skater is fast but if the MTI wanted to run I believe it would have been in front. Congrats to Joey and Dr. Bill on running great!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 06-21-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Registered

In 05' we did the NY run and the Alex Bay run the following weekend; so they have not always been on the same weekend...
Old 06-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Also he had is young son onboard as well. From what I saw on the video if the MTI wanted to run with the Skater it did and if it wanted to be first to the bridge im sure JT could have made that happen. They were just out there for a cruise. Also the top speed of the Skater that I was was like 155 or so in the video. The 168 was on the left of the GPS for fastest recorded speed. No doubt the Skater is fast but if the MTI wanted to run I believe it would have been in front. Congrats to Joey and Dr. Bill on running great!
I heard from someone in the boat that they were 155+ for over 12 miles , and they were having fun playing with johnny and the mti. When they wanted more speed they bumped up the trim and it was up to 162 for the run. 168 was while testing in the great south bay.

Last edited by stainless; 06-22-2009 at 06:17 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.