Notices

Islamorada July 24-26

Old 06-16-2009, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Islamorada July 24-26

Hello all... We are setting up a weekend in Isalmorada at the "sand bar" Saturday and Sunday July 25,26 2009. This is not any particluar event, just a bunch of boaters and non boaters that are going to anchor on he sand bar and party for the weekend. We have a deck boat that we are preparing to be a full fledge DJ stand for all day music, drinking and sun. Doesnt cost a thing..not even gas money since the hotel is 1000 yards from the sandbar. !! have rooms blocked at Holiday Isle, let me know if you need more details

Todd
Old 06-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tanner
Hello all... We are setting up a weekend in Isalmorada at the "sand bar" Saturday and Sunday July 25,26 2009. This is not any particluar event, just a bunch of boaters and non boaters that are going to anchor on he sand bar and party for the weekend. We have a deck boat that we are preparing to be a full fledge DJ stand for all day music, drinking and sun. Doesnt cost a thing..not even gas money since the hotel is 1000 yards from the sandbar. !! have rooms blocked at Holiday Isle, let me know if you need more details

Todd
Let me see if my motor runs by then, We were down there 2 weeks ago, and cant wait to get back.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:47 PM
Registered

Are the cops still hard on everybody there, I remember seeing something about no more than 3 or 5 boats rafted, no boats over 30 feet on the bar and no boats with a cabin anchored?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LapseofReason
Are the cops still hard on everybody there, I remember seeing something about no more than 3 or 5 boats rafted, no boats over 30 feet on the bar and no boats with a cabin anchored?
When we were there for 6 hours 2 weeks ago, didnt see ONE cop, Plenty of 30+ footers, heck we had a 40' Cat on the bar, My Pantera has a cabin Kinda, nobody said anything, heck if they kick you off, just go to the Tiki Bar
Old 06-16-2009, 11:24 PM
Registered

We have been to that sand bar a couple times. Never saw cops. Why would they care if the boat has a cabin or if it's over 30 feet? If anything, maybe a deep draft would cause them concern (grounding), but I don't undersatnd why a cabin or length over 30 feet is a problem. What's their issue?
Old 06-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Registered

Looks like the outboard guys over at Scream and Fly are planning something for that weekend on the sandbar as well, should be a good time, gotta get my motor back together
Old 06-17-2009, 03:12 PM
Registered

I saw it on one of those TLC shows when they were down there busting people for drugs and stuff thats why they didn't want boats with cabins there so your not out of sight and the length was because they then couldn't get that close to see whats going on. Basicly they just wanted it to be less work for them. But that was on one of the big party weekends.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:54 AM
Registered

Dont believe everything you see on TV!! That may be true, but not enforced as far as I have seen.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:06 AM
psi
Registered

Default Tiki Bar Sandbar

Hey Guys, what you saw on TV was definately a weekend such as Memorial or Labor day. On those weekends the sanbar is full of everyone from Miami and the local cops enjoy giving everyone a hard time. Its not even worth going on those weekends, just too outta control, but every other weekend is awesome. Very calm, family orientated, theres even barnicle bobs, which is like a floating house boat which has burgers, chicken sandwiches and ice cream right on the bar, should be fun!!!