Notices

New Postal Employee

Old 03-28-2002, 10:23 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what is the major difference between 9mm .45 .357.

You would think that all bullet diameters would be discribed the same way?

From most powerful to least, is it.

9mm

I may know boats but this is new to me and I want to learn.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Registered

Hey Ron..... i tried to link this ... but have no tgotten to that lesson yet.. anyhow. a veyr good resource for ammo info...
www.greent.com/40page/ there is so many dif variations of ammo to be had . again it depends on the purpose. Have you gone and handled anyhitng yet.? that is a great place to start ... really it si what you are comffy with.. some handguns have more complex safties than others... ect..... so go see what fits you best.... some places will let you fire dif models well if they have a range on location... there may be a range near you that has rentals too.. might check that out....
Old 03-28-2002, 10:51 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ron P

I always carry a gun. North Carolina is not a bad place, but my business requires that I go out at all times of the night and plan to protect my life. North Carolina was one of the first states behind Texas and Florida I believe to issue CCW's.

CCW = Concealed Carry Weapon Permit

I have a great respect for our second ammendment and I urge everyone to support it and fight for it. It is the reason we live in a free country. I am a life member of the NRA and the GOA. If you are not a member, please join.

You cannot carry a gun on any Federal property or in a bank. Here in North Carolina you cannot carry if you are drinking, in a mall, at a parade or other crowded place and in a resturant or bar that serves drinks. Take it very serious, be prepared to use it if you have to, know your local laws VERY well, and hope you never have to use it.

I get really pissed at people like Rosey who are so down on guns. They don't want law abiding citizens to carry, but they do not leave home without armed guards.
Old 03-28-2002, 10:56 PM
Registered

AAAAAAAWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Background check....But Im angry now!!!
Old 03-28-2002, 10:57 PM
Registered

as my father always said..... " I'd rather get caught with it than without it " I'm with ya all the way Baja both my wife and I have CCW permits.... just never know.. good advice too on knowing the laws of your state or any you may enter with a firearm....
Old 03-28-2002, 11:01 PM
Registered

I've owned and shot a lot of different guns, and I always come back to the HK. Most accurate, and reliable I'VE seen. Used by a lot of special ops units, and law enforcement. Thats gotta mean something.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:05 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Once again the OSO folks come through. Thanks for the info.

There is a local indoor range and gun shop near my home. For $50 you get to try all the guns and some ammo. I'll probably buy through him and join the range.

Right now it looks like a SIG 226. Last time I went to the range they definitly recommended the SIG over Barretta or S&W.

I don't plan on becoming a collector (who knows) so I want to get something I really feel comfy with right off the bat.

I can't believe they issue carry permits in NC. Has that become a positive or negative issue in the news? I hope they have special training. Does your job have any bearing on someone getting a carry permit?
Old 03-28-2002, 11:18 PM
Registered

Ron. I've got a USP Expert 45 that I shoot competition with, and it is an excellent piece of hardware. I would say that the grip size is just a bit large for me, but it has ambi safetys and great sites. Now, as far as carry, its way to big for that. (but you could get the regular 45 or compact model.
Old 03-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Registered

In Florida most anyone can obtain a permit.... must take a course with hands on fireing session... the one we took was very well done... i knwo some are just get em in get em out...of course their are certain guidlines you must meet .... no addictions.. or certain criminal activity( past and present) will prohibit one from getting the permit.. and it does reciprocate with certain states.. not many. i have a list of current ones ...we are self employed so .. my by far better half is making bank runs and such.. and i am just paranoid.....lol... plus i 've always had guns... actually i think it add some sense of fear to would be naredowells.. ( i've always wanted to use that in a sentance) at least the ones that have 1/2 a brain.. never know who's carrying....although you never knwo anyhow , no matter where you are...

the sigs are great guns. any of them... is what i bought my wife... and she always gets the best..... why is that.?
Old 03-28-2002, 11:31 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Ron,

I am surprised that you are so surprised that you can get a CCW in North Carolina. No, my jib does not have anything to do with it. It is state law, along with 25 to 26 other states in the Nation, including almost all states in the southeast. My permit is also honored by a few other states, although laws vary from state to state.

It has been more positive than negative by far. They key is giving permits to the right people. You cannot be a felon, you have to pass the states gun safety class, and the FBI background check. I am own my second permit and it expires in 2004. There have been less than 25 permits revolked in NC with over 100,000 issued. Not too bad.

It allows the law abiding citizen to be legal.

Fear the government that fears your gun.

Quick Reply: New Postal Employee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.