Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking to upgrade to diff boat, suggestions? >

Looking to upgrade to diff boat, suggestions?

Notices

Looking to upgrade to diff boat, suggestions?

Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to upgrade to diff boat, suggestions?

I'm from mid michigan. Usually boat on inland lakes (Higgins, Torch) but very intersted in trying grt Lakes more often. Currently have 211 liberator that I've owned for 15 yrs. It's getting small. I have wife and 3 childeren. I have been checking out online Baja, PQ's ,Checkmate, Fountains & etc. Considering my location and that I would buy used, 1 of the 4 listed seem to be most probable choices. I'm looking to go
at least 25 ft but most probably 29 to 32. Just wondering
if anyone has opinions on they think might be the best way to
go, in reference to cockpit space, ride, speed, and quality

Last edited by HUMBLEBOATER; 06-16-2009 at 07:08 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by HUMBLEBOATER
I'm from mid michigan. Usually boat on inland lakes (Higgins, Torch) but very intersted in trying grt Lakes more often. Currently have 211 liberator that I've owned for 15 yrs. It's getting small. I have wife and 3 childeren. I have been checking out online Baja, PQ's ,Checkmate, Fountains & etc. Considering my location and that I would buy used, 1 of the 4 listed seem to be most probable choices. I'm looking to go

Take a look at my PQ, priced right and local.

http://www.yachttraderonline.com/lis...VYPER-94632911
Old 06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

I've seen it online already. NICE boat. I think I would like it . Whats the weight. I would most likly trailer it to the launch.
I have 2500 HD 6.0 litre crew cab. I have a land lot up by Higgins I want to pay off 1st or sell before I take on financial
responsibility of boat of that calibur.I'm figuring about a year yet. But collecting info now so when I'm ready I can pull the trigger when I see what i want. I hope it is still around then although I expect you would like to sell it now
Old 06-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the 29-32 foot range there are going to be single engine boats and twin engine boats. If you are going to start boating in the great lakes, you want something that is built for it...28 Pantera, 28 Active Thunder, 32, Active Thunder, 32 Hustler...All these boats have good sized cabins and cockpits for the family. Others I would look at are the 32 Fountain, 32 Sunsation & 29 Progression. It all depends on 1 or 2 engines and budget. Your truck can pull any of these...thats not a problem.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:46 PM
Registered

mm

Last edited by ATCultBoatBiaach; 06-17-2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: oops
Old 06-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Registered

I've seen it online already. NICE boat. I think I would like it . Whats the weight. I would most likly trailer it to the launch.
I have 2500 HD 6.0 litre crew cab. I have a land lot up by Higgins I want to pay off 1st or sell before I take on financial
responsibility of boat of that calibur.I'm figuring about a year yet. But collecting info now so when I'm ready I can pull the trigger when I see what i want. I hope it is still around then although I expect you would like to sell it now
Well i pulled the PQ with my 2500 suburban and no problems at all with wife and two children, the great thing with the PQ is the cabin size (full enclosed head) as well as the cockpit area, I have a place on the manistee and might be interested in the lot on higgins, PM me we might be able to work it out. My Vyper is paid for so I have time and it is in the barn so no storage issues on my end.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Registered

Keep the business in state and go with a Sunsation! Great 29 and even better 32!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Registered

Default if your going in the great lakes your going to need something built for it.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o29177-en.html
entertaining all offers and can bring it back to Mich when I come in 2 weeks, I tow it with my 05 dodge 1500 Hemi 4 wd, runs 80 down the interstate no problem
Old 06-18-2009, 07:10 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 07DominatorSS
Keep the business in state and go with a Sunsation! Great 29 and even better 32!
What he said
Old 06-18-2009, 07:37 AM
Registered

With 3 children your screaming for a mid-cabin unless your planning on doing a lot of overnighting with it. The great thing about Sunsation along with their quality is you get the same treatment from the guys at Sunsation no matter if you buy new or used. It's a priceless advantage when the people who build your boat are good people who'll be there and do whatever they can to make you a very satisfied Sunsation owner. A top notch outfit all the way around.
Powequest and Checkmate would be my next choices if you insist on a closed bow with the Fountain following those 2.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.