Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cumberland..Memorial day (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21146-cumberland-memorial-day.html)

US1 Fountain 05-16-2002 10:44 PM

Originally posted by WETTE VETTE
US1,
Do you know of a yellow 29' Fountain with twin 454 mags with Nickerson 250 blower kits on them? There was a guy that came to LaPorte a few times from Lafayette with that boat. I think his name was Pete Wolf. I know he used to go to Cumberland often. Just curious because I haven't seen him for a couple of years. Thanks!

Yep, but not personally. When there are only 3 Fountains here that I know of and I have one, Pete has one, and a mutual friend has the other, kinda hard to at least not know of each other. Plus my sister and brother-in-law know him, so I get the inside scoop every so often. ;)

Jerry

CigBoat 05-17-2002 07:34 AM

The Small Falls are in otter creek. The best way to find them is to head into otter creek and just stay to the right it is not the eaisest place to find. You have to weave between a few islands. Once you go around the long point stay to the right head between the Islands and you will find it. If not I will be out at the dam a 5 EST a 24 Baja teal purple and pink with a 22 baja purple and gray.

jdnca1 05-17-2002 10:59 AM

US1;

We're staying right down the road from you at the Bandit Resort...if you call it that. We got the last 3 rooms, ther's 7 going down with me maybe we can all grill out and do some (more) drinking one night. I've always put in at Jamestown, any reason you prefer state dock? I know parking really sucks @Jamestown, any other reason?

wild willy 05-17-2002 01:30 PM

jdnca1, here are the reasons i prefer state ramp over jamestown!! no charge to launch; less conjested, cleaner and better ramp. your truck and trailer are at the water also. i hope this helps you. see ya at the lake; bill:cool:

Budman 05-17-2002 02:05 PM

Damn I wanna go!!

Too bad I can't push this baby thing back to November! Doubt if the wife would appreciate that very much! Oh well, save a spot for me next year, guys. I guess I'll just have to live my life vicariously though others.

Have any of you all ever put in at the dam? We kind of like the ramp there - not as steep pulling out, nice and wide (for the wife backing down sideways :D), and clean bathrooms (according to her - doesn't matter much to me!) We usually find a nice cove nearby to drop anchor and stay the night. Plus, you're closer to the Falls!

Flyinbrian 05-17-2002 02:18 PM

The dam ramp

Don't give that little secret away!

It's perfect, close to Grider, the Falls, and it's free!

Budman 05-17-2002 02:25 PM

Welllll, it's kinda' free....

Of course they put that little "donation" envelope on your windshield. We usually stick a couple bucks in there, just to help pay for keeping the place up.

39 Unlimited 05-19-2002 05:10 PM

Cumberland Memorial Day

I will be there, hope the weather warms up high was 51 this weekend. Lake level is high (in the tree lines) but water is clear from Jamestown to the dam.

CFD12 05-19-2002 11:32 PM

Things are looking much better now!! Going to put the Sunsation in the water tomorrow and see how things go. If all goes well then I should be able to get it together for Thursday.!!

US1 Fountain 05-19-2002 11:43 PM

jdncal,

Don't recall Bandit, but never really paid much attention. I have tunnel vision. All I see is the ramp. :D Is Bandit between me and State dock, or me and Jamestown?

BAJABOAT, meet you at the damn! Or earlier at the Falls.

Jerry