Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Havasu vs LOTO (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21148-havasu-vs-loto.html)

G-Force 03-29-2002 06:29 PM

Originally posted by RiverGirl
That's right LOTO boys....eat your heart out....:p

I'm marking my calendar right now and getting my flight reserved for the April Heat Wave Poker Run.... just so I can keep you LOTO boys posted on how much fun & how much skin is shown in Havasu!!:p

Hey...no fair!! I can understand your misplaced loyalty to the left-coasters, but I think you should be fair and give both places a chance.
Guys, don't you agree?

So....how about visiting LOTO on Mem. Day, the 4th of July, or even the ShootOut weekend? THEN you can make an informed decision.:cool: :D

Havasu Barney 03-29-2002 07:03 PM

Last weekend I made ot out on the water

Shot about 100 pics, mostly G rated.

The crowds were in Copper Canyon, then started snapping the boat traffic as we past through the channel, it's always cool to post a pic of a lurkers boat.

A friend managed the triplets all too well, taught us all some froggystyle! :cool: :cool:

Here are last weeks pics

http://community.webshots.com/user/havasubarneypics

PhantomChaos 03-29-2002 07:53 PM

Way to go Barney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You won't see that happening at LOTO for some time..........like never! You going to be out there for the poker run next month?

26scarab 03-29-2002 08:00 PM

Okay, okay ... I found the wrong link for Havasu !
I would love to go it's just a little too far from MI to drag my boat .
The SAndbar looks cool:D

Waterfoul 03-29-2002 08:16 PM

So, does anyone else think that the Havasu crowd doesn't have a clue as to how to tie up more than two boats in a row??? Damn....what a mess. Glad I'm not a boat insurance company in that town. Can't make any money when EVERYONE has a claim EVERY weekend. You will NEVER see my boat in that kind of mess. Not my idea of a good time....worrying about my boat being busted up at any moment......and the sand bar? Are those boats on the left side of the picture on plane? Throwing wakes?? No thanks. I'm sure Havasu is a good time...but seems some people don't have any respect for other peoples boats there??? I'm sure the OSO members (who tend to be the GOOD boaters wherever they go) think more about this than your over the counter boat buyer.

Just some thoughts out loud.

PhantomChaos 03-29-2002 10:07 PM

Are you kidding me??????????????

Hey Too Old and Waterfoul.............how do you think the "sandbar" got it's name?????

It's a friken SANDBAR!!!!

PhantomChaos 03-29-2002 10:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just to clarify a few things............The SandBar is on a river, the Colorado River, probably 5 miles from Havasu City. There are all kinds and sizes of boats……small, huge, fast, slow, old, new.

The SandBar changes all the time.

IT’S A SANDBAR!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes the whole thing is submerged with a minimum depth of 8 inches, sometimes a small part of it is sticking out of the water. Some people beach their boat, others throw anchor 10 feet off the sandbar, others pull up near it, jump in the water, and walk the boat to a better location (note the “horse-shoe” shape of it).

Havasu Hangin 03-30-2002 12:38 AM

Nort...you are da man...

...after reading the "foul-mouthed" posts, I was shaking my head...very rarely do I laugh at posts...I made an exception for yours...

I'll say it again...Potty Cove has "nice gals"...Havasu has Playmates... :eek:

Potty Cove people are obsessed with "tying off"...Havasu people are just concerned with tying one on... :D

Potty Cove people appear to have a complex about the "size of their boats"...Havasu people don't need to worry... ;)

So to both the Potty Cove regulars...I extend an invitation...bring us you tired...your weak...your cooked bearings on the galvanized trailers...your farmer tans...your plaid shorts with black socks and flip-flops...your umbrella hats...Havasu will welcome you with open arms...

...just bring some SPF 45 ;)

Fever500 03-30-2002 12:57 AM

HH has the right idea....

Hmm.. how BIG is the boat with the THREE (COUNT EM) THREE PLAYMATES on it?

It's not a Skater.....

It's not an Outerlimits...

It's an <21' ULTRA JET boat!! It aint the size, baby... it's the ATTITUDE! Froggystyle has The HAVASU ATTITUDE!!!

We don't need no stinkin' fenders!!!

PhantomChaos 03-30-2002 03:57 AM

Havasu Hangin-

Did you notice the "LOTO Simulation Area" on the photo?

he he he!!!!!!!!