Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How do you justify the gas? >

How do you justify the gas?

Notices

How do you justify the gas?

Old 04-29-2001, 09:06 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you justify the gas?

This is getting crazy. My damn 12 second mustang gets better mileage than the stupid tow vehicle.I got a full-size bronco to tow this thing and it pulls fine but 8mpg come on now. Everytime I pass a gas station the steering wheel starts to turn in for more. It's evil I tell ya.Getting to the point I don't mind the gas in the boat hell it'll last a little while.I think I'm going to cover the fuel gauge to make nyself feel better.
Old 04-29-2001, 09:15 PM
Charter Member #220
Charter Member

Easy to justify........
Gas is just part of the rest and relaxation ritual that is a birth right to every red blooded american male with a boat!
(even if it is a Bayliner!)
If you are having trouble affording all the gas, just tell the Boss you need a raise! If he questions the raise, just refer him to the above mentioned birth right! See, it's easy to justify the gas. (now wasn't that easy!)
Let me know how it goes with the boss........
Old 04-29-2001, 09:25 PM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

I told myself no. Just like I did last week and the week before.It's not a question of affording really more like accepting it.
Old 04-29-2001, 10:54 PM
Registered

The wife and I were going to spend three weeks on the boat up in the North Channel and Georgian Bay this summer. Then gas started going through the roof and the gloom and doom reports are saying to expect even higher prices in mid-summer. Ain't no way I'm gonna feed that 1 mpg boat up in Canada so we rented a slip in Muskegon and will use the boat as a cottage. Maybe the oil companies will get the message if enough people buy less gas.
Old 04-30-2001, 07:50 AM
Charter Member #71
Charter Member

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts

I dont justify it....I just take it in the shorts like everybody else and ***** about it.
In the words of Marlon Brando.."we are the arabs"
Dan
Old 04-30-2001, 07:58 AM
RON

I agree!! I took both of my Cats out for a ride this weekend ( cold ) just to dewinterize them , and spent $90.00 in gas and wasn't out for an hour in either one!!
I hear that it's only gonna get worse!!
And thats not even counting the gas for the tow vehicle ($20)!!

Old 04-30-2001, 09:39 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

It's like I tell everyone that asks me - it only hurts when I'm at the pumps! As soon as I hit the water, the pain goes away
Old 04-30-2001, 10:46 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Originally posted by Cignificant:
<STRONG> As soon as I hit the water, the pain goes away </STRONG>
I couldn't have said it better myself!! Now, if I could only figure out how to get the Waterfoul to run on beer. By the end of the summer, beer mught be cheaper by the gallon than gas!!

I think of it this way (and several others to tell the truth): Boat on the water, tunes pumping, a cold one in hand, and bikini's all around. Gas money? What gas money???

By the way shorgasm, only 12 seconds?? My friends outboard powered Seebold tunnel does it in 10.2 seconds!!!! And only uses about one gallon to do it!!
Old 04-30-2001, 01:05 PM
Registered

Oh stop it would ya. That little mustang is my daily driver anything more and the neighbors are gonna call the cops. Did you read about the dog next door to me? She is a pit bull that doesn't like me on the boat next to her fence.That is until it cranks up. Dog runs like hell.
Old 04-30-2001, 01:23 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Hey, you got to pay to play!

Quick Reply: How do you justify the gas?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.