Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Be very careful launching your straight bottom boat... >

Be very careful launching your straight bottom boat...

Notices

Be very careful launching your straight bottom boat...

Old 06-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
It is funny if you are 13. I laughed & I'm 32.
Don't you ever sit on your boat & wonder what the poor people are doing?
When i first got my boat i was sitting at State Dock during the poker run feeling very good about myself (i was 25) for buying a brand new Donzi 28zx, i felt like i was on top of the world and then i look up and there is a guy pulling up to the gas dock in a HUGE houseboat with 3 helicopters on the roof towing a 40 something Outerlimits, that brought me back down to reality(real quick). Btw he was a really cool guy that clearly does very well for himslef.

I laughed at it too it just seemed very out of the blue for that post to be made, especially since the other people posting could have way more than he has...
Old 06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
WE ARE THE POOR PEOPLE
No sh!t. I've had money & been without. I have just as much fun poor as I do with money.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by show-n-go h2o
When i first got my boat i was sitting at State Dock during the poker run feeling very good about myself (i was 25) for buying a brand new Donzi 28zx, i felt like i was on top of the world and then i look up and there is a guy pulling up to the gas dock in a HUGE houseboat with 3 helicopters on the roof towing a 40 something Outerlimits, that brought me back down to reality(real quick). Btw he was a really cool guy that clearly does very well for himslef.

I laughed at it too it just seemed very out of the blue for that post to be made, especially since the other people posting could have way more than he has...
No kiddin! I get really humbled every time I go to Key West for the races or to a poker run.
I do get a kick out of thinking there are people on here that spend more money on fuel in their boat & truck going to poker runs than I make in a year. Then I crawl back into my ELB Baja & go to back to work trying to make it to that level.