If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    2001 Cigarette Playboy
    Los Angeles, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Garibay View Post
    Does Lu Lyall or the guy who owns the "Fossile Fuel" Formula happen to be here on OSO? I was wondering if ou guys could comment. Also I heard that the waves were 8'-8.5' Sunday. My Matco tool rep said his friend went to Catalina in a 31' Scarab Sunday.
    I was on the beach in Malibu all day Sun and the conditions looked to be the same as the day before when I was on he water. I guarantee you there was nothng close to 8 footers out there Sun - but, its understandable how someone in a 31' Scarab could confuse a 3 footer with an 8 footer

Hopefully it lays down nicely this weekend...I'm planning on anchoring in front of Malibu Beach or Paradise cove Sat and Sun.
    Last edited by LZH; 07-01-2009 at 02:06 PM.

My Boats:
    06 300 eagle xp, 496 HO's
    Valencia, CA
    Where is paradise cove? is it a popular cove?

My Boats:
    38' Scarab P-38
    Thanks for all the help guys. Maybe next year I will pull the trigger and rejoin Scope (Was a member in 2002). It would be nice to join a few other boats on a trip out to Catalina. It was definatly not 3' ers. I didn't check myself. I really don't know if a Formula, Cigarette or Scarab do any better in that s*it than one another. I just wasn't into torchering my boat, passengers or self on Sunday. 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12