Notices

Thanks Coasties

Old 06-30-2009, 10:00 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spicy
I agree.....
Disagree, it takes two to have an accident like that. Either one could have avoided it.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Registered

Thumbs down Wrong

Originally Posted by Wobble
Disagree, it takes two to have an accident like that. Either one could have avoided it.
In that situation, the CG vessel was the "Stand down" vessel !
100% the CG captains fault.. he should be in prison for attempted murder ..
Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BLee
Yep, I figured anyone that remotely knows the area would catch on to my "White House" reference. Your Uncle's place sounds great! Our place is just up the Intracoastal a little more, South of Bahia Mar.

We were just off the Southwest side, so headed North, they came wide to the West, and carved back to the East, totally hosing us literally like an enourmous wave. They also came within a few feet of my starboard side during the stunt.

Believe me, I GET jokes, and it might have been a little humourous had it not been salt water, and a 3 day old Top Gun T/S. They were just being *****s though.

I would have followed them, got all their badge numbers and filed charges.. these hardons are worse than any incompetent boater !
Old 06-30-2009, 11:59 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Pantera1
In that situation, the CG vessel was the "Stand down" vessel !
100% the CG captains fault.. he should be in prison for attempted murder ..
I am not questioning the rules of the road.

These two people were visible to each other for more than a mile. Stupid is stupid.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

I am not questioning the rules of the road.

These two people were visible to each other for more than a mile. Stupid is stupid.
No excuse for what the Capt. of the 30+ foot CG vessel did to the two guys in the 18 foot plastic boat..
Why would you bear down on someone like that? Unless you intended to cause them harm.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:33 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

No excuse for what the Capt. of the 30+ foot CG vessel did to the two guys in the 18 foot plastic boat..
Why would you bear down on someone like that? Unless you intended to cause them harm.
This clip was posted a year or two ago. I think that someone said the CG was responding and had their lights on. Which is still not an excuse.

I believe the speedboat would have have been run down by a supertanker had one been there as they were so engrossed with whatever was to their starboard.

You can not gamble your life on other people observing the "rules". Either one could have backed off until they understood the others intentions.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:12 PM
Registered

This clip was posted a year or two ago. I think that someone said the CG was responding and had their lights on. Which is still not an excuse.

I believe the speedboat would have have been run down by a supertanker had one been there as they were so engrossed with whatever was to their starboard.

You can not gamble your life on other people observing the "rules". Either one could have backed off until they understood the others intentions.
More excuses.. Anyone with a concience would have chopped the throttles or jerked the wheel LONG before t-boning the small boat.
Were they looking away? Yes. STILL no excuse for how that Capt responded.
Old 06-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would have followed them, got all their badge numbers and filed charges.. these hardons are worse than any incompetent boater !
I really did think of doing that, and would have thouroughly enjoyed every second of it.

The problem is that part of the intracoastal is all no wake, and can be pretty crowded. Since they were heading North, I would have had to chase them through some pretty narrow areas at a fairly high speed, which would not only be dangerous as hell to any other boaters, but they probably would have REALLY f-cked my day up with a massive ticket, or more likely a trip to jail. Then, my new boat would have been impounded by a bunch of dipchits, that you KNOW would have trashed it if they're so petty to have done the initial stunt in the first place.

Even though I had witnesses on the boat, one being an attorney, they could easily just say they were in pursuit of something, making anyone in their path fair game. I don't think there's anything I could have done, short of having it all on video unfortunately.

I can only hope the MFer's were green horns, and had the occupation of cleaning holding cells for Cuban immigrants after their long float over on a schoolbus.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.