Default Thanks Coasties

Its called the right of way !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vLEr...eature=related
Old 06-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a speed boat?

What a tard. Exactly the type that manages to rear end a school bus stopped with the lights on.
Old 06-29-2009, 07:24 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a group of newbie CG guys intentionally hose down my entire boat with salt water a few years back, just North of Pier 66 with one of their deep vee zodiac looking boats. My boat was literally brand new, and we were deep in the no wake zone looking at the big "White House" on the corner in neutral. There wasn't much we could do about it unfortunately, besides pull everything out of the boat when we reached the dock, and hose down the whole boat down with fresh water. We never got it totally clean due to the amount of water the hit us with, including the bilge pumps immediately kicking on. They were just some jealous ***s looking for something to take their mind off of their pathetic lives. I have had some very nice coasties since however. These guys were just a group of losers probably headed to clean a ranking officials toilet, so we laughed.....a little.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
I had a group of newbie CG guys intentionally hose down my entire boat with salt water a few years back, just North of Pier 66 with one of their deep vee zodiac looking boats. My boat was literally brand new, and we were deep in the no wake zone looking at the big "White House" on the corner in neutral. There wasn't much we could do about it unfortunately, besides pull everything out of the boat when we reached the dock, and hose down the whole boat down with fresh water. We never got it totally clean due to the amount of water the hit us with, including the bilge pumps immediately kicking on. They were just some jealous ***s looking for something to take their mind off of their pathetic lives. I have had some very nice coasties since however. These guys were just a group of losers probably headed to clean a ranking officials toilet, so we laughed.....a little.

This big white house? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...316_1065157773

Only 28mm now......... My uncle lives diagonally across the ICW from it.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Registered

they did not even try to slow down.. nice..that wreck is 100% CG fault in my view..
Old 06-30-2009, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder
they did not even try to slow down.. nice..that wreck is 100% CG fault in my view..

yeaup, just chopping the throttles would have prevented that mess.........

the guy says CG yelled to the motor boater to slow down.....hahahahahaha you can hardly communicate with your own passengers doing 40mph, let alone boat to boat communication or better yet when two boats are at two different angles coming at each other....what a joke

Last edited by zimm1978; 06-30-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:04 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
This big white house? http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...316_1065157773

Only 28mm now......... My uncle lives diagonally across the ICW from it.
Yep, I figured anyone that remotely knows the area would catch on to my "White House" reference. Your Uncle's place sounds great! Our place is just up the Intracoastal a little more, South of Bahia Mar.

We were just off the Southwest side, so headed North, they came wide to the West, and carved back to the East, totally hosing us literally like an enourmous wave. They also came within a few feet of my starboard side during the stunt.

Believe me, I GET jokes, and it might have been a little humourous had it not been salt water, and a 3 day old Top Gun T/S. They were just being *****s though.

Old 06-30-2009, 09:19 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,291 Likes on 446 Posts

It's sad to see something like that. One would like to think that any officer, be it a coastie or a police officer/dnr would do the right thing and avoid the accident first and then ticket if necessary. Failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision is a ticket able offense, imo with the other guys looking away the responsibility fell on the captain of the CG vessel.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
It's sad to see something like that. One would like to think that any officer, be it a coastie or a police officer/dnr would do the right thing and avoid the accident first and then ticket if necessary. Failure to reduce speed to avoid a collision is a ticket able offense, imo with the other guys looking away the responsibility fell on the captain of the CG vessel.
Yeah, you would think........but I guarantee you that captain stuck his chect out, and had that universal thought in his mind that damn near EVERY law enforcement figure gets at some point, "I'm not moving, I'm the law, they can move out of MY way".......aaaaand WHAM. The guy clearly doesn't have a clue of how to operate a boat correctly, no matter what they told him in a classroom somwhere.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by customryder

I agree.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.