If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    My Boats:
    2000 Powerquest Avenger
    Big Rapids, MI

Talking Splash Date Has Finally Arrived!

It's here, boys and girls!
    That wonderful time of year when boating season begins in Lake Michigan. The big dick Powerquest is getting wet in Muskegon, can't wait to try out the newly tuned props from York and the reprogrammed ECM's from Tyler Crockett( hopefully this will solve my gas in the oil dilemma).

Any one care to join me? I'm launching at Fishermans Landing around 10:30 Saturday. They have the docks all the way in and everything, they must have known I was coming. The water level seemed okay last weekend, and there was hardly any ice. I don't think we'll see any snow or ice this year, but what the hell, it's still good getting out before the crowds hit the launch ramp!

Pictures will follow on the webpage

"Honest Brew"
    standing by on Channel 9

I've been working along the Kalamazoo river this past week and the only boats out there are the small fishing boats. I don't think you'll see any tank tops or bikinis out there.

I think I'll wait one more month til memorial wk-end. Just hope I can find a launch because the water table is down so far.

Gone Fishin' Charter Member Waterfoul's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1988 Tracker Pro 17, 40 hp Mariner.....1972 Glastron GT 140, Merc 50 power!!!
    Grand Rapids/Holland/Grand Haven
    Brakeless, the water is actually UP from last fall. About 8 inches.

Paul, if I had about one more hours notice, I'd have met you at the ramp!!!! Maybe next time.
    [b]M Go Blue.......Gator boots, gator luggage, gator purses... all at cut rate deals!!!!

My Boats:
    2000 Powerquest Avenger
    Big Rapids, MI
    I'll give you a call next time I go, what's your #?
    You are right, Foul, the water is definately up from last March, the boat launched easily this time, didn't have to back the trailer in nearly as far!
    I had Tyler Crockett do 'em for $500+$12 shipping. It took a couple weeks, normally I think it only takes a couple days, but I wasn't in a hurry for them at the time.
    phone: 1-810-324-2720
    e-mail:[email protected]
    The engines seem to run smoother at idle, and there is A LOT less Soot on the transom, I'll know more in another 20 engine hours though, when I do another oil analysis.

The props that I had labbed at York worked much better in the slop(3-5's yesterday), just a tad slower to plane, but the engine rpm's match up better when planing up.