Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212457-looking-seadoo-dad-108-sunseeker.html)

R Addiction 07-15-2009 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Skullkrusher (Post 2908712)
Still not a single pic of any damage.

This was a very stressful situation, my wife was slightly injured and could have been more seriously injured or killed. The damage to the boats on the dock was photographed by the police. I was not thinking about a camera at the time. My heart was about to jump out of my chest and on the verge of losing my breakfast. You want pictures of that?

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 2908787)
C Spray no one is doubting that something happened but it is weird not one photo, not even a camera phone photo has popped up. This site has shown rolled boats same day as accident occurred, even had Cashbar riding bareback on a Fountain that was out on its maiden voyage only to end up upside down and don't forget all those boats falling off trailers 100 feet from the ramp (pics were online before the tow trucks arrived!).

Steve, once again. The damage was photographed by the police. The only people that were on the dock that had anything to do with OSO were my wife and I. All the others were friends or other transients. Dan Burger was there but not a posting OSO member at the time. C-Spray has helped with alot of the information gathering, which I appreciate. If you really need to see pictures I can give you the number of the Policeman that took them.

Originally Posted by Jeff P31 (Post 2911027)
Well, any updates ?????????? :food-smiley-007:

Jeff, I have spoken to lawyers for Sea doo for Dad, marine surveyors for Sea Doo for Dad today. And they have informed me that the owner of the vessel wants to do whats right. The wheels are turning. Thanks for your concern.

BowenCT 07-15-2009 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction (Post 2911076)
And they have informed me that the owner of the vessel wants to do whats right. The wheels are turning.

Thats great to hear.

Jupiter Sunsation 07-15-2009 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by R Addiction (Post 2911076)
This was a very stressful situation, my wife was slightly injured and could have been more seriously injured or killed. The damage to the boats on the dock was photographed by the police. I was not thinking about a camera at the time. My heart was about to jump out of my chest and on the verge of losing my breakfast. You want pictures of that?

Steve, once again. The damage was photographed by the police. The only people that were on the dock that had anything to do with OSO were my wife and I. All the others were friends or other transients. Dan Burger was there but not a posting OSO member at the time. C-Spray has helped with alot of the information gathering, which I appreciate. If you really need to see pictures I can give you the number of the Policeman that took them.

Jeff, I have spoken to lawyers for Sea doo for Dad, marine surveyors for Sea Doo for Dad today. And they have informed me that the owner of the vessel wants to do whats right. The wheels are turning. Thanks for your concern.

Glad your wife wasn't seriously hurt and they are going to take care of the damages.

My comment was directed more towards the OSO reporters that usually have news articles/photos of everything that happens on the water not specifically the victims.

Catmando 07-15-2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by packinair (Post 2908568)
Rob, you need to research your facts, it is clear he has the papers he claims, I think you owe him an appology now

CLICK PIC TO ENLARGE

Merchant Marine very funny. :D I wish I had joined the MM instead of the Army but I didn't have my Marine Gene kicking in at the time.

Scott I can't remember, did you sell your boat? If not I might be interested.

Skullkrusher 07-16-2009 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2908746)
That's correct. The Maryland DNR and individual victims have them. If they want to post them, they will. If you doubt that there is any damage, please come right out and say so.

Damn son. I wasn't questioning anyone's story. If I were, I would have said so. I'm just saying if a guy scrapes my fender in the parking lot, I'm out there taking twenty pictures. At some point after it happened you would think anyone that had damage would have taken pictures out the yang. I'm assuming the docks, boats etc. are still damaged today. Why hasn't anyone local uploaded some pics?

Ms PatriYacht 07-16-2009 01:23 PM

John I am glad that you and Lesley are OK, did you find out who was driving and flipped you the bird???

BAJA WILL 07-16-2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2911615)
John I am glad that you and Lesley are OK, did you find out who was driving and flipped you the bird???

Thats really what I would like to know????? I am sure the owner wants to do whats right after they were notified by the police. Sounds like they had ZERO intention of being stand up as the passanger flipped the bird.

C_Spray 07-20-2009 06:51 AM

I saw four of the affected boat owners over the weekend. While they all said that they had been contacted by courteous and proffessional representatives regarding payment of damages to their boats, no one could offer any information on the accountability aspects, like who was driving, who gave the finger, and what was going to be done about them.

C_Spray 07-22-2009 09:21 AM

I recieved a message purporting to give me the captain's name. When I Google him, I get hits for Facebook and LinkedIn where he lists his occupation as a captain. Is there any way to confirm that he is the right guy before publishing the name? I'd hate to have the wrong guy's facebook page inundated with the messages he's likely to get...

BAJA WILL 07-22-2009 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2915483)
I recieved a message puporting to give me the captain's name. When I Google him, I get hits for Facebook and LinkedIn where he lists his occupation as a captain. Is there any way to confirm that he is the right guy before publishing the name? I'd hate to have the wrong guy's facebook page inundated with the messages he's likely to get...

Very responsible to double check your source, however I would even state the source, just to cover your ass.:ernaehrung004: