Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212457-looking-seadoo-dad-108-sunseeker.html)

tomtbone1993 07-08-2009 12:49 PM

has anyone confirmed if their is any relation to SeaDoo?

bluellama 07-08-2009 12:51 PM

Chuck, I just read your post on YachtForum. Are there more pictures online, other than the ones on OSO, BoatersEd and here?
None of those pictures show a Canadian Flag.

BAJA WILL 07-08-2009 02:31 PM

You know the more I think about this the more pissed I get. If it had been one of us, ripping through at 100mph, the efing coatsies would have sent a BLACK HAWK with a 50cal to come get us. "file a report" is not good enough, you guys need to get the coasties who took the report and call the local TV station, get a reporter on it, call the coasties station and go up the chain of command until they says OK we will find this SOB, TELL THEM YOUR NEXT CALL IS your congressman, and don't bluff, call the Congressman, tell them your property was damaged and people hurt by a efing super yacht with no respect for US law. Call CNN see if they will pick up the story. File a report with the ASSOCIATED PRESS, If you all really want this guy GO AFTER HIM, if you wait until he returns to Cayman, you can forget the whole mess.:angry-smiley-038:

C_Spray 07-08-2009 02:41 PM

Without going into detail:
  1. The boat was indeed flying the CAYMAN flag and not the Canadian Flag.
  2. This reduces the likelihood that anyone from Bombardier/SeaDoo (a Canadian company) has anything to do with this; they are pissed that the guy is using their name and logo.
  3. The yacht appears to be moored at Casey's Marina in Newport, Rhode Island at the moment. This is the last location provided by its onboard MMSI tracking device (public domain): http://www.marinetraffic.com/AIS/shi...MMSI=954990382 (Click on "Itineraries History".)
  4. The yacht appears to be based out of Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale.

LZH 07-08-2009 04:07 PM

If my boat had been damaged I would have been after this idiot, waited for him to stop....sticks buried drives out and ripped a turn right off his stern flooding his decks with spray. Then another pass firing a flare into his living room.

Amazing the CG did nothing about it...

jln 07-08-2009 04:55 PM

the canal needs to do something about no wake barrels ,the weekend of canal day i watched a few 40- 50 ft boats come speeding under the bridge only to be slowed down by the c c aux.i have had my boat bashed into the dock there before but nothing compared to the wave that "sea doo for dad" must have been putting out , very scary . i wish all involved the best in catching this idiot.

Ms PatriYacht 07-08-2009 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2905730)
Without going into detail:
  1. The yacht appears to be moored at Casey's Marina in Newport, Rhode Island at the moment. This is the last location provided by its onboard MMSI tracking device (public domain): http://www.marinetraffic.com/AIS/shi...MMSI=954990382 (Click on "Itineraries History".)
  2. The yacht appears to be based out of Bahia Mar in Fort Lauderdale.

So if people seem to know where the boat is located why is nothing being done. Have any of the authorities approached them, does anyone plan to?????? I feel like Baja Will, I am pizsed and it did not even happen to me. If it did happen to me, I would be like a dog on a bone and myself and my friends would be all over this until someone did something.

Smarty 07-08-2009 05:27 PM

File the complaint, call Maryland DNR and the U.S Coast Guard's (Fifth District US Coast Guard Portsmouth, VA) District Five Command Center (serving Southern NJ, Eastern PA, MD, VA, NC) 757-398-6390.

Maryland Natural Resources Police
Tawes State Office Building E3, 580 Taylor Avenue,Annapolis, MD 21401-2397
Phone: (410)-260-8888

Tell them you want to file a complaint for Reckless Operation. Explain the physical injury, and property damage.

I feel bad for those that got injured, I know John (R'Addiction) and and his wife. I have contacted the Rhode Island DEM to see if they can investigate, get statements, and serve the complaint if the US Coast Guard hasn't already done so. I am waiting on a call to see what the best procedure to get this bastard served, and put on notice. Us District Court, or Maryland State Court. I spoke with a US Coast in house attorney to see what can be done, and how best to get it done. I am waiting on a return call from a Sergeant in Rhode Island to see where the investigation is and how to serve this guy.

Once you mess with, or injure an OSO brother or sister, watch out. The OSO Members do stick together when sh*t like this happens. I hope I can help.

Stephen

PJDiesel 07-08-2009 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2905730)
Without going into detail:[LIST=1]
The boat was indeed flying the CAYMAN flag and not the Canadian Flag.
This reduces the likelihood that anyone from Bombardier/SeaDoo (a Canadian company) has anything to do with this; they are pissed that the guy is using their name and logo.

Wouldn't surprise me really, people register large vessels in the Bahamas to avoid taxes in their own country.

Hard to say really.

Smarty 07-08-2009 08:47 PM

A Sergeant at Rhode Island DEM, just retuned my call and told me he is contacting the Maryland State Police to determine who the complaintants are and what happened; and he said he will be visiting Casey's Marina (thank you Chuck and Ms. Patri Yacht for that information) in Newport to to further help remedy this situation with the Sea Doo For Dad vessel operator.