Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212457-looking-seadoo-dad-108-sunseeker.html)

OL40SVX 07-08-2009 09:52 PM

Wish I saw this thread earlier. I just came back from Newport this morning and def would have made the guy aware of all this!!! What an A-Hole!!

glassdave 07-08-2009 09:59 PM

does the marina have any security cameras or anything like that trained on the docks?

1HYPER1 07-08-2009 10:39 PM

John I spoke with Andy and the plane is ready,we can leave Summit and be where we need to be in a few hours,let me know.

C_Spray 07-09-2009 12:20 PM

TTT.

C'mon, guys - We have to have someone in the Newport area or working for a firm that can ID this guy. It's been four days, and we still don't have a name. Where is the old OSO "can do" spirit?

Ms PatriYacht 07-09-2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by C_Spray (Post 2906534)
TTT.

C'mon, guys - We have to have someone in the Newport area or working for a firm that can ID this guy. It's been four days, and we still don't have a name. Where is the old OSO "can do" spirit?

I still don't get why the authorities are not involved, I read on the thread where there are multiple police reports, are you saying that because the boat is not registered in the states none of our government, state, or local agencies can identify the owner:mad:

DoTheMath 07-09-2009 12:44 PM

Tall ships...

The tall ships are in Boston and they "open" today for the weekend. Not sure if he is planning on coming up for them, but it could be a good bet? I'm not going to be in the city - but there aren't too many places to "hide" a 108' Sunseeker in (Boston) harbor.

If anyone is going in to see them, by land or by water - keep your eye's peeled for this A$$HOLE! :angry-smiley-055:

C_Spray 07-09-2009 01:04 PM

If anyone does see him, you might be better off pretending to admire his boat to see if you can get the name and/or occupation of the owner.

If you don't succeed at that, advise him to Google his boat's name, read all the threads that are going, and to keep looking over his shoulder. When this is all said and done, he will be the most unwelcome yacht on the entire eastern seaboard. There won't be a marina anywhere where he can be sure that someone won't walk up to his boat and start asking him embarrassing questions about this incident.

Strip Poker 388 07-09-2009 01:05 PM

wow that would be a scary seen:(

The other site says the CG is investagating it.

Smarty 07-09-2009 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht (Post 2906554)
I still don't get why the authorities are not involved, I read on the thread where there are multiple police reports, are you saying that because the boat is not registered in the states none of our government, state, or local agencies can identify the owner:mad:

My contact at the Rhode Island DEM (a Sergeant) has told me that his officer's and the US Coast Guard have made contact with the vessel Sea Doo For Dad, and now have the information that victims/complaintants seek. He is forwarding that informantion to Maryland's DNR which is handling the investigation. Since I am not a victim, and have not been officially retained, he did not provide me with the Captain, and or the vessel owner's name.

Bottomline - they have caught the culprit, and the information will be flowing to the victims from Maryland officials.

Stephen R. Jones, Attorney-At-Law

C_Spray 07-09-2009 02:00 PM

OK - This is important
Further to Smarty's post, there has been some communications which indicate that the owners of the vessel are in reality "stand-up" people, and may not be aware of what has happened. While this avenue is being pursued, I ask that everyone refrain from any further saber-rattling and/or conjecture. Maybe this can be settled appropriately after all. Thanks!