Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker >

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Notices

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Old 07-08-2009, 08:05 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you read the BoaterEd thread from start to finish, you'll see that Bombardier/SeaDoo is well aware of this. I would expect that this cat will see far more grief from them than law enforcement or insurance types. If he's an employee, it should be really bad for him.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Chuck and John,

Sorry to hear about this, that is just ridiculous. John, I hope your wife is feeling better.

"Responsible for your wake" - that owner should be charged with the Maritime equivalent of reckless, and have his operator privileges suspended (there was personal injury to others, and that is bullsh*t). This is the law in Maryland (look below).

This from the Maryland DNR (Maryland's Marine Police):http://www.dnr.state.md.us/boating/s...ionvessels.pdf (page 7)

Reckless and Negligent Operation:
Law prohibits negligent or grossly negligent operation of a vessel that endangers lives and/
or property. The U.S. Coast Guard for this offense may impose a civil penalty under federal laws. The operator may be subjected to a fine of up to $5,000 and/or imprisonment for up to one year, or both. The Maryland penalty is a fine of up to $500 for the first offense.

Some examples of actions that may constitute negligent or grossly negligent operation
include but are not limited to:
1. Operating in a swimming area.
2. Operating under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
3. Excessive speed in the vicinity of other boats or in dangerous waters.

Code of Maryland Regulation law pertaining to this type of violation:http://www.dsd.state.md.us/comar/idq_files/search.idq

08.18.01.05. 05 General Operation of Boats.. A person may not operate or give permission to operate any motorboat or any vessel in a:. A. Reckless manner to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person; or. B. Negligent manner to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person.

Hopefully this will help some of the parties that were injured.

Last edited by Smarty; 07-08-2009 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

has anyone been over to yachtforums.com with this? Seems to be the place to locate these type of boats and other info.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-08-2009, 09:00 AM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my best person on this. I am a bit of a hot head and would definitely not handle it as well. My friend is cool as a cucumber when it comes to handling situations, especially the stressful type. Don't worry Sea Doo for Dad your day is coming.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by glassdave
has anyone been over to yachtforums.com with this? Seems to be the place to locate these type of boats and other info.
Good idea - Done.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also fire off a complaint to the main Coast Guard location,
their lack of involvement could have caused this idiot to hurt or kill someone .. Thats inexcusable for an agency that is supposed to be
taking care of our country.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone could call Sunseeker Florida. They would be the servicing dealer for any Sunseeker currently in the US.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by R Addiction
I have my best person on this. I am a bit of a hot head and would definitely not handle it as well. My friend is cool as a cucumber when it comes to handling situations, especially the stressful type. Don't worry Sea Doo for Dad your day is coming.
What a f*** stick.Let me know John and I am there for a road trip.Tell Leslie I hope she is feeling better and I will see you this weekend hopefully out at Lloyds.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John sorry to hear of this happening. I can't belive he is still out there and no one has caught up with him. I doubt there are very many 108' Sunseekers out there, but I also doubt that without some type of warrant Sunseeker will give up the owners name. I saw C-Sprays post on the Yacht forum, the first poster seemed to think he has turned his tracking device off, so I bet he knows he is being hunted. Shouldn't the police or USCG from Delaware be in contact with the authorities in RI. I would think the best tactic would be to get all of us and especially those involved bombarding the DE and RI Coast guard and police offices with phone calls and emails demanding they do something. If you can post the contact info on this site I promise to call or email.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:49 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

has anyone confirmed if their is any relation to SeaDoo?

Last edited by tomtbone1993; 07-08-2009 at 01:06 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.