Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Notices

Looking for "SeaDoo for Dad" - 108' Sunseeker

Old 08-03-2009, 04:50 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Apparently the money aspect if this incident is being addressed, but so far, I haven't heard the slightest hint of any displinary action or an apology...

How long should we wait before turning up the heat? Has anyone here ever been to an annual stockholders meeting.....?
I got time....Where is it held?
Old 08-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A friend that lives in Nantucket called me and told me the "Sea-Doo for Dad" is in at Nantucket Boat Basin. 1-800 nan-boat for the marina. New Captain has taken over the yacht so maybe the last Captain had his ass handed to him? I am still in disbelief over the ignorance of the previous Captain. He certainly is no "Captain". I would really like to ask him what he was thinking when he planned that run through the C&D canal.
Penny Turtle.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:26 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by penny turtle
...New Captain has taken over the yacht so maybe the last Captain had his ass handed to him?...
If this is true, it's great news! There are quite a few people who've been hoping to hear this. Who/what is your source on that one? There will be some celebrating if it can be confirmed.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Apparently the money aspect if this incident is being addressed, but so far, I haven't heard the slightest hint of any disciplinary action or an apology...

How long should we wait before turning up the heat? Has anyone here ever been to an annual stockholders meeting.....?
Don't know much about foreign corps. but in USA,
usually one has to actually be a shareholder to attend and somtimes you have to own a large amount to speak and even then you would be limited to discussion of business.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Registered

The following is of no consequence, just general info! After reading through this issue regarding Sea Doo for Dad there seems to be some misconception regarding the yacht and George Town, Cayman Islands being the actual destination she will return to. A very high percentage of yachts such as Sea Doo for Dad, and larger, have never been to, or intend on visiting the Cayman Islands. Registering a yacht out of a port such as the Cayman Islands is commomly refered to as registering under a flag of convenience, to avoid import duty more often than not, other cases may be to pass survey under a certain flag states guidelines to enable chartering. Whatever foreign flag is engaged, a U.S Cruising Permit must be obtained when clearing in to cruise U.S. waters, which is only valid for a period of 12 months at a time. Most vessels, similar to Sea Doo for Dad, will summer in New England and relocate to the Caribbean/Bahamas for the winter, squeezing in maintenance periods between seasons, usually in Florida. The situations are as varied as there are flag states to register with and more so wealthy people to purchase them (yachts). When you have enough financial sercurity to make such an investment the last thing you will be doing is operating the craft, you'll be relaxing with your family and friends, taking in the scenery whilst you enjoy the wind in your hair and libations on the aft deck - whilst your Captain and crew tend to your needs whilst rocketing along at 40 friggin knots!!!!. Owners of such vessels do not care for the workings of such craft, they are about the service and pleasures associated with something so extravigant. The vessel in question, Sea Doo for Dad, is not "MCA compliant" (British equivalent of U.S.C.G.) thus flying the Cayman ensign establishes the vessel is no more than a foreign flagged private pleasure vessel. It has been observed as being manned by 4 full time crew. This is another indicator she is private - if chartering, a lisenced engineer would be required to manage the (3) V-16 engines which produce a healthy 6000 HP (4474 Kw) total. Dual rating does not apply here. I am baffled by this clowns ignorance. Not having been through a section of waterway before is even all the more reason to study a pilot guide for the area, you don't just take off and find yourself in a canal on the way to your destination. This guy simply had no clue as to what lie between the dock at the Inner Harbor and the Statue of Liberty and was winging it all the way from Baltimore to North Cove! She left Baltimore with the Owner and family on board and arrived in North Cove, NY with Owner and family ON BOARD! Only an absolute imbocile would subject ownership/freinds/guests to such a display of arrogance and disregard for the safety of others around him. I feel sorry for what the Owner of the vessel is going to go through. I feel embarrassed for the current crew and replacement Captain, they have some serious PR work ahead of them. The now "retired Captain" has has left more than material damage behind him, this "Sea Doo for Dad" may be looking for another flag and a new name to enable those affiliated with the vessel to be able to put this behind them. The NEW Captains name is Jason, a polite young Australian from what I've been able to find out. The Captain responsible for the C&D canal fiasco was also from Australia. Have a look at the green and gold "boxing Kangaroo" flying from the mast area - retired Captains name is known. If you can't serve the time, don't commit the crime - or something like that, right ?
Old 08-11-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Penny,

I mentioned the thing about the Caymans, early in the thread.

On a side note, your writing skills and vocabulary....... are impressive.

Last edited by PJDiesel; 08-15-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:49 PM
AT Cult Member #3
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the information Penny Turtle. Very informative and well written I might add! We are in the midst of getting the proper paperwork to the proper people. We will keep you all posted.

The PR work we have talked about was to inform us when they are coming back thru and to have us all invited on board for dinner and drinks and a cruise around the bay. Works for me. And maybe a supercharged "Sea Doo for Me"
Old 08-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by penny turtle
... retired Captains name is known....
Br@nd@n S&m@ns?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Please note, an error has been made in my earlier post regarding the name of the new/current Captain of "Sea Doo for Dad". After chatting with my colleague in Nantucket whom has confirmed details with the marina staff at Nantucket Boat Basin, it should be noted that the "innocent" Captains name is Nathan.
Old 08-13-2009, 02:33 PM
Registered

Well, I guess I have just too much time on my hands!
I was looking over the AIS info from Sea Doo for Dad and noticed that the displayed MMSI number (Maritime Mobile Service Identity) is a bogus entry. Just like a phone number (hold that thought) has a 3 digit prefix assigned to a specific area, the MMSI number has a 3 digit prefix assigned to specific flag states.
A shore based (Coast Station) MMSI number will always start with "00", fleet operations will start with “0” and a mobile or ship station would have a three digit prefix for the flag she is registered with. The thing I noticed was that the Cayman Islands, with whom Sea Doo for Dad is registered, assigns qualifying vessels with a maritime identification number (MID) "319" as the prefix for the 9 digit MMSI number.
In applying for an MMSI number, usually done when applying for the radio license, the ICT Authority requires certain criteria to be met in order for an MMSI to be assigned. I have studied a number of recent photographs sent to me of Sea Doo for Dad and can tell from the comms array atop the main deck house she wouldn’t qualify, aside from the bogus prefix of 954.
So, back to that thought on phone numbers. The MMSI number displayed with the AIS info from Sea Doo for Dad is 954 990 382. Now, we all know that a phone number is 10 digits, but, 954 happens to be the area code for Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where, as you’re all aware by now, many of these vessels base for maintenance and down time between relocating for the next seasons cruising. Sea Doo for Dad has been a regular at Bahia Mar Yachting Center in Ft. Lauderdale according to AIS history.
If this is in fact a phone number affiliated with Sea Doo for Dad, then our dearly departed Captain is quite possibly thicker than the Hoover Dam. To find the missing number now lay with someone that has even more time on their hands than I!
Not sure what method gives the best results when looking for the missing number in a 10 digit sequence like this - I tried rolling a pair of dice, but gave up when all I could roll was a 5. There are plenty of sites on Google that can help those motivated enough to give this a shot but take heed in that this is just an assumption I have arrived at. It is of no real importance to me to identify, nor speak with Sea Doo for Dad, so I refrained from putting any money down to utilize any of options found on the internet.
I know that there are those of you that would like to have a deep and meaningful conversation with someone aboard, and be assured that if I had been affected by the actions of Sea Doo for Dad that morning I would be grateful for any info that might help me locate the perpetrator.
Here’s hoping that this long shot might lead to a colorful conversation for many of you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.