Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them? >

"Classic" OSO posts............can you find them?

Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll start:

First, I want to introduce myself. My name is Joy. I am the daughter of Fred. I was told that the new convo on OSO was about bashing my father. Having a little fire in my blood after reading this, it has driven me to respond.

First, let me tell you what's it's like trying to serve your breed of customers.

My father began this company as a hobby because he had such a passion for powerboating. It was apart of his life and he has made it a part of mine. He spent countless hours in our home packaging parts until it became successful enough to transform into an actual business. Both of my parents, as well as James, put forth massive amounts of effort into this business. But eventually my father began boating less and less and his passion for boating began to diminish. I never understood why until I began working at Trick. Never in my life have I dealt with so many SPOILED & RUDE middle aged men. So many of the customer's had unrealistic expectations with time frames on anticipated delivery. Especially with custom parts. The BIGGEST thing that surprised me was how people would complain about cost! As you all know, Trick was based on providing its customers with parts for the lowest prices possible. Needless to say, my experiences with a majority of our customers caused me to lose interest in boating as well. There was no fun in it anymore. I thought about boating and associated it with rude individuals.

It baffles me that so many of you are concerned with Trick Marine and "Where's Fred?!" How you could spend countless hours on here bashing my father....MANY OF YOU ARE ALSO PEOPLE THAT I AM SURE MY FATHER UNSELFISHLY GAVE HIS TIME TO GIVE ADVICE OR HELP. Sometimes I wish people could step back and possibly look at the big picture but it doesn't seem to work that way. Instead, you try to add fuel to a fire, stir the pot a little & see how far you can go in bashing my father. Needless to say alot of you seem to forget all the kind things my father has done; taking so much of his time to answer questions of clueless boaters, refunding products because after the part sat unused for months until the customer decided no to used it, but most of all I WATCHED BOTH OF MY PARENTS SPEND HOURS ON END WORKING THEIR ASSES OFF TO MAKE A BUSINESS SUCCEED.

I assure you that those with pending transactions will be taken care of. I know it's hard & you are used to having to wait, but with due time your transaction will be handled properly. Whether it'r refunding your money or shipping you the order originally placed.

Its really bothers me that my parents put forth so much time & effort to have people piss on them. It just goes to show that no matter how hard someone may TRY, you just can'y please people. I guess it would be a cold day in hell to ever think many of you would ever attempt actually be concerned with my father & what might actually be happening.

That's all I have to say. I have been as nice as possible about the situation. To those you know my father and/or mother and appreciate what they have done for you, I extend my thanks. Its customers like you that make dealing with so much bull**** worthwhile.

No, I will not be responding. No, my father will not be responding.

I'm sure this will light the thread on fire for all you fire starters. Have fun with it.

Warmest Regard,
Joy Cecil
Old 07-08-2009, 02:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of classic OSO what happened to everyone? This place has totally changed in the past couple years I was gone...
Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 105mph_38_2003
Speaking of classic OSO what happened to everyone? This place has totally changed in the past couple years I was gone...

Not too much change......just like boating.....some people come and some people go.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:13 AM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

The person who can find the BEST post will get a DVD of the Don Aronow Story!!!
Old 07-08-2009, 06:44 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterfoul
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... Allan4 is a putz, Packinair is a mustard farmer, but neither of them compares to TROUTLY!!!!!!
classic
Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 AM
Registered

The Rolex thread

Originally Posted by jordy
Tommy, give me a call when you get a second. We need to talk.

Jordan
Old 07-08-2009, 08:09 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It hurts to even bring it up, but.....

Any thread that mentions Tripple Digits or his Stingray.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

What about the old Apache threads? Always something good in an Apache thread.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Registered

Big Scotty?
Old 07-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

THe Ben Kramer is being released thread......

I was reading as fast as I could that day and couldnt keep up with the pages...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.