Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Shore Dreams For Kids - We need Boat Volunteers!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/212543-shore-dreams-kids-we-need-boat-volunteers.html)

007joe 07-13-2009 08:43 PM

E-mail sent.....

DaveP 07-14-2009 09:19 PM

Where: We will run the event from the Municipal Dock in Seaside Heights. Follow the stick channel along the *North side of the Seaside Bridge heading toward the ocean. Follow the stick channel around Pelican Island, then head north to the Municipal Dock.

When: The event runs from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. We are staggering the times for the Boat Volunteers to arrive and begin giving rides, in order to avoid excessive congestion at the dock. Some of you have time constraints due to other commitments either in the morning or later in the day, so you requested a specific time to start. We put together the following schedule based upon the input you provided. If you did not provide us with a time, we inserted you into the schedule at a start time that should allow for a steady flow of boats at the dock. Hopefully, the time is OK for you.

Name Boat Time
Nick Buis 42' Statement Marine 11:00am
Chris Cestaro 35' Donzi 11:00am
Tom Lesiak 27' Maxum 11:00am
Chris Carbone 27' Activator 11:00am
Chris Carbone 33' Fountain 11:00am
Gary Alessio 33' Formula 11:00am
Dave & Judy Redding 30' Island Runner 11:00am
Rich Cuny 24' Baja 11:30am
Rob Fiore 32' Hustler 11:30am
RICH HAMILTON 29' Fountain 11:30am
Joe Sabo 38' Cigarette 11:30am
Bud Crisp 38' Scarab 11:30am
Frank & Jenine D'Agostino 46' Outerlimits 12 Noon
Brian Farley 38' Cigarette 12 Noon
Jim Eilbacher 24' Formula 12 Noon
Steve Egan 31' Formula 12 Noon
Jerry & Janet Wood 22' Jet Boat 12 Noon
Tom Toto 46' Outerlimits 12 Noon
John Deray 41' Apache 12 Noon
Frank Constandi 28' Eliminator 12 Noon
Bill Austin 45' Sonic 12 Noon
June White 29' SeaRay 12 Noon
Bernie Martins Jr 29' Formula 12 Noon
Frank Martins 47' Fountain 12 Noon
Tom Anselmi 38' Donzi 12:30pm
Frank Civitano 33' Donzi 12:30pm
Gabe Jasper 42' Outerlimits 12:30pm
Vinny Cleffi 38' Cigarette 12:30pm
Vinny Rifice 29' Skater 12:30pm
Tim A. Sharkey 29' Formula 1:00pm
Ken & Margaret Quinn 25' Chaparral 1:00pm
Alan Petitt 32' Tempest 1:00pm
Stan Olender 25' Baja 1:00pm
Glenn and Ann Gormley 35' Formula 1:00pm
Mike Mastro 24' BRT 1:00pm

Communication: The dock will be monitoring VHF Channel 78. We encourage you to bring a VHF so we can communicate with the boats as they are coming in.

Dock Lines and Bumpers: We will have lines and bumpers already on the dock. The dock will accommodate 3-5 boats at a time. Just pull up to the dock as space opens up. The volunteers on the dock will tie up your boat and hold it off of the dock while the kids board.

Life Jackets: The kids and their chaperones will already be wearing life jackets before they board your boat. You and your crew are not required to wear life jackets during the event.

Boarding and Unboarding: The volunteers on the dock will assist the kids and their chaperones into and out of your boat. It is the Captain’s decision on how many passengers his boat can safely accommodate.

Course: Upon leaving the dock, head south and idle under the small bridge that connects Pelican Island to Seaside Heights. Once under the bridge, get on plane take a ride down the bay to the Bayville area, turn around, and come back the same way. Operate your boat at a safe speed and provide a comfortable ride for your passengers.

Food & Drinks: We will distribute water, soda and sub sandwiches to you and your crew from the dock. You will also get a couple of T-Shirts for volunteering!!

Mechanical Problems: If you have mechanical problems, idle back to the dock, offload your passengers and then either idle away from the dock or move you boat into one of the slips. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE REPAIRS DIRECTLY ADJACENT TO THE PIER DOCK. We need those slips to remain available to continue boarding the kids.

The latest weather forecast is Partly Sunny, 80 degrees, Low Humidity…….PERFECT!

Thank you for donating your time and your boat to make this day special for many, many people. Those of you who have participated in the past know how gratifying the experience is. If this is your first time, you will drive away counting your blessings and feeling very good about choosing to spend your Saturday giving those less fortunate.

We’ll see you Saturday!!!!!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Brian Meade & Dave Patnaude
Shore Dreams For Kids
[email protected]

DaveP 07-14-2009 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by fastoys (Post 2909188)
Dave My wife & i will be there for sure! spoke w Pete yest. P.S. did you credit my c.c. for second place in A.C. run? Brian Farley

Hey Brian,

I have not finalized anything with A.C. since we have had events almost every weekend since.

The week after Shore Dreams is catch up week!!

VtSteve 07-14-2009 09:22 PM

I wish we had something like that around here Dave, it would be great. Any contacts that you're aware of?

DaveP 07-14-2009 09:24 PM

Any contacts???????????

VtSteve 07-14-2009 09:30 PM

Sorry for not being more explicit. Are you aware of any such organizations that are national, or even have any in my own area I'm not aware of?

If not, it would be great to get one started, I'd love to help out.

DaveP 07-14-2009 09:38 PM

Sure - Make A Wish is national as well as Special Olympics.

Other than that, I would contact local Children's hospitals and local organizations that support sick children.

Checkout our website at www.shoredreamsforkids.org