Notices

smartcraft question

Old 07-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts
Default smartcraft question

boat has twin 496 engines,I installed 2 smartcraft monitors,I am now in the process of replacing the fuel level sender with a 3 terninal sender,I also had to add the fuel harnes to the smartcraft plug.
here is my question,one end of the harnes plugs into the engine harnes,the other end has 2 wires marked tank 1 and tank 2.
do I only use 1 wire and only 1 monitor reads fuel flow or do I put both wires together on the sender side so both monitors read fuel flow?

also does anybody know the part number for the air temp sensor for a smartcraft system?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:36 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Smartcraft install

Sir:
You are going to like your smartcraft display once all the components are working for you! It provides a wealth of useful information. I installed a system in my formula 353. Be sure and consider adding as many functions as you can afford. To me, the steering sensor is very helpful. It is so easy to point those drives straight ahead for slow speed movement and trailer loading. Here are answers to your questions:
1. If your boat only has one tank, use tank wire 1. Cover up and do not use wire 2. Fuel comsumption monitoring is done through engine sensors not fuel tank level sensor.
2. The air temp sensor kit consists of 4 pieces and should be part of the display unit package at initial purchase. The air temp sensor part number is 885342001.
Good luck...you made a wise decision that will enhance your boating pleasure and safety.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Barrydet
Sir:
You are going to like your smartcraft display once all the components are working for you! It provides a wealth of useful information. I installed a system in my formula 353. Be sure and consider adding as many functions as you can afford. To me, the steering sensor is very helpful. It is so easy to point those drives straight ahead for slow speed movement and trailer loading. Here are answers to your questions:
1. If your boat only has one tank, use tank wire 1. Cover up and do not use wire 2. Fuel comsumption monitoring is done through engine sensors not fuel tank level sensor.
2. The air temp sensor kit consists of 4 pieces and should be part of the display unit package at initial purchase. The air temp sensor part number is 885342001.
Good luck...you made a wise decision that will enhance your boating pleasure and safety.
Thanks!
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered

No No ,Thank You!!!!!