Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Anyone ever had their trailer repainted? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/21266-anyone-ever-had-their-trailer-repainted.html)

Allan 03-30-2002 11:59 PM

Anyone ever had their trailer repainted?

I was thinking about having my trailer repainted. I wanted to know how much that might cost and if there is anyone good in Havasu to do it? Mine is showing signs of ware:(

David Stotz 03-31-2002 07:32 AM

I found a place up here in Western N.Y. that builds car haulers. I talked to the guy that runs the paint department. He told me if I could leave the trailer so they could do it at their convienience they would sand blast it and paint it for $600.00! I supplied the Imron, they had their own Epoxy primer. Trailer looks brand new!

burtandnancy 03-31-2002 01:25 PM

trailer repaint

There was a custom trailer mfgr called Hoss, bought out by Zyman out near the airport. Don't know if they're still there or not or moved the operation to CA. So many boat builders out there someone ought to know. If not, try Xtreme Trailers in Riverside, CA...

Cattitude 03-31-2002 02:47 PM

other options

You may want to look at cost to powdrercoat- its a much better process and lasts longer- next best thing to galvanizing from a durability standpoint. Can get any color you want too. For that matter galvanizing is a good option if the appearance does not rub you the wrong way. Good luck!

Allan 03-31-2002 03:24 PM

Thanks. The trailer I have now is a Hoss. I will try to find Zyman and see where they are :confused:

BD 24VIP 03-31-2002 07:50 PM

trailer

Originally posted by Allan
Thanks. The trailer I have now is a Hoss. I will try to find Zyman and see where they are :confused:
Allan, the name is "Zieman" and I believe they still have the old "Hoss" place in Havasu. Just do a search on the internet, they have a site with all their phone #'s. You also might want to give Randall's VIP trailers in Phx a call, they do all the Kachina trailers.

BTW, we're doing a day at Pleasant on Sunday 4/14 with the gang. If not then, we'll see ya' in Havasu!

Brad

Kokopelli 03-31-2002 08:00 PM

Allan,

Buddy of mine was sick and tired of chips, he had his trailer stripped snadblasted and then Rhino lined - yea the stuff they put in truck beds. He did it about 2 yrs ago and it still looks great and not a chip - cost him about 7 benjamins.

Wellby 03-31-2002 10:08 PM

Did my ski boat trailer myself about a year ago. sandblasting, grinding, priming, painting, new lights, winch, tounge jack, the WORKS!! It would have been a hell of a lot easier to go buy a new trailer!!!!!

Allan 03-31-2002 11:10 PM

Thanks Guy's:D . I will call Zieman tommorrow. Brad I will try to make it on the 14th. Hopefuly see you then:D .

Allan 03-31-2002 11:14 PM

Kokopelli, do you know if that stuff comes in custom colors:confused: Only seven hundred dollars or seven thousand:cool: . Can't be the second one:D